Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Croatian AMD 65

Article about: I'd like to share my latest with you, its an AMD 65 which is UK deactivated to old spec pre 1994 which means it has'nt been butchered completely and strips down nicely as shown in the photos

Default Croatian AMD 65

I'd like to share my latest with you, its an AMD 65 which is UK deactivated to old spec pre 1994 which means it has'nt been butchered completely and strips down nicely as shown in the photos, it also cocks and dry fires with some very satisfying clangs and clicks...........the story...!?.........for whats its worth......is that it was bought back from Bosnia by a returning member of the British element of the peace keeping forces and kept by that individual at their UK base untill it was pointed out to them that it would perhaps be a good idea to have it deactivated...!!

The Croation sticker on the top cover could be contemporary or added later...who knows...

Its my understanding that although there are some new spec deact examples of these in the UK there are perhaps only half a dozen old spec..........perhaps someone knows a bit more about whether this is the case.

Anyway since it was deactivated during or before 1994 and the Bosnian conflict was waged between 1992 and 1995 I think theres a good chance this thing saw some active service.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian AMD 65   Croatian AMD 65  

Croatian AMD 65  

Default Re: Croatian AMD 65

Oh and at the risk of spoiling the pedants day I am aware that the AMD was developed from the AKM (74) by the Hungarians for their special forces and not Croatia....................

Love this place..................

?

A nice looking weapon for any collection

I have a full kit of this I started to build back up. However, it has a barrel shorter than 16" Even with the break! SO a modified extended one has to be permanently affixed.

I'm jealous...at least you will be able to shoot yours...is the 16" rule a local or national law ?

AMD is the Hungarian manufacturer Automata Módosított Deszant or Automatic Modified Descent in English. The 65 being 1965. So unfortunatly not Croation, but there is still a good chance thats where it was prior to coming over to the UK. There are so many surplus AMD65s that even the ANP are getting them.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    AMD is the Hungarian manufacturer Automata Módosított Deszant or Automatic Modified Descent in English. The 65 being 1965. So unfortunatly not Croation, but there is still a good chance thats where it was prior to coming over to the UK. There are so many surplus AMD65s that even the ANP are getting them.

Thanks m3bobby.......you are the first.......(re my second post in this thread).............but your comments are noted mate...........and appreciated..........

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    I'm jealous...at least you will be able to shoot yours...is the 16" rule a local or national law ?
    National, but the odd thing is that because it has a stock (even though it folds) you can have the front grip (another odd national law).
    I've built a few Kalashnikov derivatives (in semi of course) and love the simplicity of it all...

- - Updated - -

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I paid $60 for a full kit (minus the receiver) when they were coming into the US)....and that was retail pricing.

I thought the manufacturer was FEG?

Hi meyerse......the manufacturer was indeed FEG................AMD was the Hungarian designation for this weapon....

Automata Modositott Deszant 1965

I love Wiki............................

and I have a 'semi' just thinking about shooting one..................