Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

cz27 markings

Article about: Can anyone identify these cz 27 markings? Are they police markings? It is on an early blued (sn25xxx). I think the 41 is the year, correct? Also I cannot really make out any markings on the

?

Default cz27 markings

Can anyone identify these cz 27 markings? Are they police markings? It is on an early blued (sn25xxx). I think the 41 is the year, correct?
    Also I cannot really make out any markings on the other side of the tg, which is where eagle/k markings are usually found, unless it's very faint on this one. Thankscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markingscz27 markings

What a bizarre marking! I have to say, that I have never seen anything like it before either! I definitely Like it and will be watching closely to see if there is anyone out there who Does know what it is from! A Very nice find, in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks. i have owned several CZ 27 pistols over the years, being a big fan of them. However I have never come across such an obscure marking. I too will be watching closely. Take care
    Joe

Luck! I found some information on this odd mark. It is not actually a Man stamped over an "N" but is the Czech Lion(or Griffin). The "N" stands for the fact that it was proofed to fire Nitro powdered ammunition. Apparently, this is a critically important mark to find on CZ's and if it Wasn't there, it would make the whole thing questionable.

cz27 markings
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wow! Thank you so much! It is the first time I have seen this marking, and have not see it on other wartime CZ 27 pistols. Must be an early mark I would suspect? Thanks again so much, Sir!