Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol

Article about: Enjoy this Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol Produced under the German occupation of Bohemia Morivia... The plum color of the weapon is caused by two factors 1: Dirty blueing solution or #2: Ammoun

Default Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol

Enjoy this Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol Produced under the German occupation of Bohemia Morivia... The plum color of the weapon is caused by two factors 1: Dirty blueing solution or #2: Ammounts of chrome in the metal used to make the steel...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol   Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol  

Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol  

?

Default Re: Czech 'MARS' 6.35mm Pistol

Bill
    That is interesting about the plum color. My M1915 Beretta has a similar color as do all the M1915s I have seen that were not refinished. I'll get a pic soon. Do any others have that similar appearance?

Quote by copdoc View Post
    Bill
    That is interesting about the plum color. My M1915 Beretta has a similar color as do all the M1915s I have seen that were not refinished. I'll get a pic soon. Do any others have that similar appearance?
    I have seen many Berettas with the plum, and some P-38s, and Luger extractors..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hi Bill, I have also observed plum coloured finsh on many Soviet refurbished guns, mainly the TT33. My SVT40 cocking handle is the same colour.

Cheers, Ade.

The plum color is kinda cool looking!

Alucard
    ?

I have a mars 6.35 with plum color and a 2 and 3/4 inch barrel on it. Gun is in good shape why the long barrel? What is this gun worth?

Quote by Alucard View Post
    I have a mars 6.35 with plum color and a 2 and 3/4 inch barrel on it. Gun is in good shape why the long barrel? What is this gun worth?
    Gun control of easy to conceal pistols is not new... Small .25 autos after WW1 in the newly formed Czech republic had to conform to an old Austro-Hungarian law that small .25 autos had to have a barrel legenth of 18cm. Thus the 18cm law.. Domestic Czech weapons
    were MARS, Slava, Duo.. Foreign .25 were numerous French, Belgian, German, Spanish .25 autos..Short barrel weapons could be purchased by Military and official personel.. Like all feel good firearm laws this one had no perceptible effect on crime.. After WW2, the Russians took over Czechosolovika the law was taken off the books....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Alucard
    ?

Bill does this gun have any value? Also have 9mm 1915 lug . My dad brought back after the war. He was in the Big Red 1. These are just a few of the things he returned with. Thanks Curtis

Quote by Alucard View Post
    Bill does this gun have any value? Also have 9mm 1915 lug . My dad brought back after the war. He was in the Big Red 1. These are just a few of the things he returned with. Thanks Curtis
    Curtis, Can u post a pict. of the Mars?? I would say around 250$ if in great shape...BILL

Jardax
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Domestic Czech weapons were MARS, Slava, Duo..
    Hello guys,
    for info, Czech pre-war pistols: MARS, PZK, Slavia, Perla, DUO ...
    Would be incuded Fox and Little Tom (6,35 & 7,65) produced in Plzen (Pilsen) and Wien.

Any pistol in good condition welcome in my collection

Regards from CZ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast