Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Czech Weapons in WW2

Article about: couple more tom

Default Czech Weapons in WW2

I'm looking for any information on Czech weapons used by the German army in WW2.A lot of the accessories on the market for these guns lately, have been of post war Yugoslavian manufacture.I'm particularly interested in items that were associated with the ZB26/30 and ZB37.
    Does anybody know anything about this magazine tin used with the ZB26,was it a pre-war Czech article or a copy of the Bren chest? This one is of German manufacture.Any help or comments appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Weapons in WW2   Czech Weapons in WW2  

Czech Weapons in WW2  

Default Re: Czech Weapons in WW2

I beleive the British Bren ammo box was a copy of the Czech ZB box.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I beleive the British Bren ammo box was a copy of the Czech ZB box.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, You are correct the Bren Magazine box was a copy of the ZB26 Magazine box... The Zb26 magazine box can be found pre war and with German Markings.. The German magazines were marked with a Waffenamt 63...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks Bill, the earliest magazine box that I have been able to inspect was a 1941 DOT waffenwerke brunn manufactured one,I was hoping somebody had one with a Czech lion marking, I have a sceptical friend !I have some Waa63 marked mags.Do you know how the spares and tools for the gun were carried.? thanks Peter.

Quote by phoenix View Post
    Thanks Bill, the earliest magazine box that I have been able to inspect was a 1941 DOT waffenwerke brunn manufactured one,I was hoping somebody had one with a Czech lion marking, I have a sceptical friend !I have some Waa63 marked mags.Do you know how the spares and tools for the gun were carried.? thanks Peter.
    I once had two complete pre war ZB26 small parts kits.. They were in wooden boxes and had bolt, extractors, firing pins, recoil springs and many other small parts... The collecting of Czech weapons used or manufactured by the Germans in WWII is a great collecting field with in it's self..Heavy MGs, Light MGs, and their accessories, rifles, pistols, and their accessories, bayonets, field gear etc,, a whole new collectors field..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks Bill, I have started in this field, here's some of what I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Weapons in WW2   Czech Weapons in WW2  

Czech Weapons in WW2  

Quote by phoenix View Post
    Thanks Bill, I have started in this field, here's some of what I have.
    Great looking Czech. MGs.. Keep them coming...BILL

Hi

Now thats what I call a Machine gun!

that is a good start to a big collectors field love the mg37 (german designation)

tom

this picture may be of use
    Czech Weapons in WW2
    the mg37 was mainly used by rear troops and the SS

tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast