Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

De-Activated Firearms.

Article about: Hello All, I've come to the realization that I will never be able to afford a decent Mg34/42. So I've done a little bit of research and I'm wondering if an American could buy an mg34/42 from

Default De-Activated Firearms.

Hello All,

I've come to the realization that I will never be able to afford a decent Mg34/42. So I've done a little bit of research and I'm wondering if an American could buy an mg34/42 from a site like Gun-star or another site in the U.K selling de-activated firearms. Any ideas? Thanks

Default Re: De-Activated Firearms.

I too have been wondering this question, if I can buy de-activated guns from other countries. I believe you must do a ****load of paperwork to get clearance for that.

Well shucks. I would have loved to have an mg34 as a center piece to my collection. Well shucks. Thanks for the info. I'll do a bit more researching and see what it turns up.

To all who are wondering according to the rep. at Gunstar their guess is about $300 in fees plus whatever else may arise upon entry of the 42 in U.S territory.

One thing to keep in mind, European dewat practices differ from those in the States, and unless you want to risk ATF involvement, it may be worthwhile to chat with an importer or a FFL dealer for advice... They can become a real "PITA" if they wish over such things. I knew a person who imported a relic Panzer track some years back... They jumped all over him for "importing" implements of war.... And that was over a rusted tank track of all things...

NO. US citizens CANNOT buy deacts from overseas. ATF will class them as Live no matter what is done to it. Don't even think about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi,
    Well Ade gave you the answer and Scout gave you the places to buy, why try to import ? nice links Scout.
    Dave.