Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

De Activated M1 Thompson

Article about: Hi all! Just posting some pics of my latest addition to my collection.

?

Default De Activated M1 Thompson

Hi all!

Just posting some pics of my latest addition to my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture De Activated M1 Thompson   De Activated M1 Thompson  

De Activated M1 Thompson   De Activated M1 Thompson  

Very nice! I bet it comes from the Russian lend/lease contract. I have one similar, they are as new, just some marks due to the handling. The 1928's and M1's were delivered as standard equipment among the tanks, trucks, and so on, but weren't issued to the troops, and spent the war in the crates.

Nice one, I got one just like it, like Ziomanno said, mine is also probably Russian stored in war crates, but who knows.

A tip though, next time you take pictures, take them outside in natural light, place them on a white sheet and use any macro settings I guess you`ve got on your camera?

Anyway, enjoy your deact, that is all we can get over here in Europe.

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Anyway, enjoy your deact, that is all we can get over here in Europe.
    Here we're a bit lucky: we can own a live one, but modified: now mine fires only in semi auto, from closed bolt (more or less with a launched striker)
    We have this feature allowed also on MP44's, Beretta MAB's, PPSh41's.
    I mean... Till now.

No different in the U.S.. Semi auto only.

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Unless you have a class III license
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

details details.. Don't plan on having a firearms business anytime soon but it would be very cool.

PRE
    ?

Nice subgun.

I recovered one of these from out of a trash can after a ghetto murder (caught on surveillance from FOUR angles!) when we hunted the shooters for about three hours. That, a mini-14 and a Ruger 9mm were all shoved into the trash can with the lid sticking up suspiciously.

The weapon in question managed to shoot two rounds then double-fed due to poor (read: NO) maintenance. It went to the county sheriff's range staff for firearms instructors' courses from then on, and they were VERY happy to receive it, as it was still in select-fire mode and completely unmodified. Built in 1943, it was still deadly capable, but just wound up in the wrong hands. I wound up testifying on that case (Guilty x3), so it was a nice 'full circle' experience. Great weapon!

Pat

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Cant even have deactivated here in Australia. Only bolt action deac's and even thats a grey area

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Cant even have deactivated here in Australia. Only bolt action deac's and even thats a grey area
    WOW!! I didn't realize that. I've seen the videos of all the firearms being destroyed in Australia. Heartbreaking. Was gun violence really that bad over there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast