Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

De-activation of weapons in Finland

Article about: if i could aford it i would be ther tommorow thank god some where is free

ian
    ?

Default Re: De-activation of weapons in Finland

the only place in the UK where you can legaly smoke in a public place is in the bar in the houses of parlament hows that work ?

Well, in The Netherlands you have to weld all moving parts and in the barrel weld into place a rod that can be observed from the outside. Pistols and revolvers are to be sawn in two parts, lengthwise, one part has to be welded on a steel plate. The other part has to be destroyed. Don't even think of submachineguns or machineguns!

Of course when you wish to obtain a working pistol with ammo of Eastern European provenance, go to Amsterdam and get yourself one in any shady dive!

Effective legislature, I would say!

Cheers,
    Emile

Talon17th
    ?

"An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein

?

Quote by ian View Post
    the only place in the UK where you can legaly smoke in a public place is in the bar in the houses of parlament hows that work ?
    In Canada you can marry a fag but you can't smoke one

Quote by Mick View Post
    In Canada you can marry a fag but you can't smoke one
    Now that's funny.

I recall back when I was in the service in Europe and a guy walked up to me and said, "Pinch a Fag Mate?" I had no idea that he meant, "Can I bumb a smoke buddy?" The strange thing is that it's the same language but..... WHAT??? Live and learn I guess.

On a more serious note, This fella is going to prison for his illegal replica pistol. He'll be released from prison after he's learned his lesson. I feel safer knowing he's been locked up.
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images De-activation of weapons in Finland 

Jan
    ?

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    Now that's funny.

I recall back when I was in the service in Europe and a guy walked up to me and said, "Pinch a Fag Mate?" I had no idea that he meant, "Can I bumb a smoke buddy?" The strange thing is that it's the same language but..... WHAT??? Live and learn I guess.

On a more serious note, This fella is going to prison for his illegal replica pistol. He'll be released from prison after he's learned his lesson. I feel safer knowing he's been locked up.
    Mike
    Now thats a great photo )

Rgds Jan

ian
    ?

Mike
    i was working for a us army engeneer unit in bamberg germany some years ago
    and the master sergeant asked me where all the mechanics were becouse the workshop was empty i told him i had sent them all out to the smoking area to PICK UP FAG BUTTS it took me a long time to work out why he fell to his knees with tears in his eyes laughing so much
    americans and englishmen a common people seperated by a common language
    cheers ian

Quote by jh92 View Post
    Wow that is even worse then I thought. Unfortunately whenever something is outlawed it seems that the amount of it increases ten fold. I mean look at Philadelphia and New York City. Gun related crimes are on the rise, yet guns are outlawed. Apparently this leads many to ask, what is the point of outlawing weapons?
    I think that you should research the facts and law before you make a post.

Ownership of handguns is not outlawed but controlled in New York City, its called the Sullivan Law and dates to the 1920's. If you demonstrate the need for a handgun (store owner, money transport, jewelry business), you can apply for a Carry or premesis permit and get one. Not easy but it can be done. You can also join a shooting range and qualify for a home permit which allows you to keep a handgun in your house but it can be used at the range only or outside the city limits. Transport to/from the range or city limits must be in a unloaded state in a locked case or bag.

Long guns are different. Get a permit for one and you can have a bolt action rifle or shotgun in your home, no problem, but Semi Automatics are a no go. I own several WW2 bring backs, all of which were approved by NYPD when found in a relatives US Army foot locker in his basement upon his death. The semi autos and full autos that were there (Schmeisser, Mg44, etc) were legally sold to a FFL holder outside of the city. By working with the NYPD I remained wihin the law and they let me keep the legal stuff (one cop was even a collector and arranged for me to "test" the Schmeisser and MG44 on the range at NYPD Rodman's Neck Weapons training center). I also own long guns, all of a type legal in the city (Jap and German bring backs and a 12 gauge Remington pump) but my M-1 Carbine stays upstate in our summer place where semi auto ownership is legal.

Gun crime in New York is at the LOWEST level in the past 25 years. we are a city of 10,000,000 + in a densly packed area. Compared to other major cities, we have a lower rate of gun crime (Philadelphia has a higher gun crime rate per capita than NYC). Do a gun crime in NYC and you WILL do 5 years (no parole) in the Concrete Hilton just for the gun charge, add the additional felony charge for whatever crime you did commit and you will be on vacation for a long time. We have a nice prison in Danamora 15 miles from the Quebec border where there are only 2 seasons-Winter and Waiting for Winter. That is where they send the gun crime violators. It is 8 1/2 hours by car one way for your family to visit you. You get to sghare a 10 x 16 ft cell with 3 other guys and share a group shower (imagine the fun when you drop the soap).

Compared to the UK, Canada, Australia and several European and Asian countries where ownership of any handgun and any rifle/shotgun that is not a single shot weapon is prohibited, New York has for over 85 years, simply controlled access to guns that have no purpose in a densely populated metro area. There is a special squad of cops that make it their business to get guns off the street-they are quite efficent.

Just in case you were wondering - the NYC courts recently sent a major NFL player to jail for 2 years (illegally carrying a legal weapon in a nightclub), sent a Hollywood actor to jail for 25 to life for accessory to manslaughter using a handgun and has sent tons of ganstas and rappers to jail for assorted gun crimes.

I have a question for you...how many Police Officers does New York City have on duty daily?

40, 000 - and their motto is "Courtesy, Professionalism and Respect"

My apologies to the moderators and members for the rant, but was born in and I live in NYC and travel to all parts of the city on a daily basis. From Park Ave high rises to ghetto housing and I have not had a problem with personal safety in over 35 years. New Yorkers are some of the nicest folks you will ever meet, unless you are a bad guy...then we reserve the right to eat you alive and spit out the bones.

?

Quote by mr.dirt View Post
    I think that you should research the facts and law before you make a post...........

........Compared to the UK, Canada, Australia and several European and Asian countries where ownership of any handgun and any rifle/shotgun that is not a single shot weapon is prohibited.
    I hate to have to point this out, but I think it's time for you to take some of your own medicine.

Handguns and semi auto rifles are NOT prohibited in Canada, in fact the firearm legislation here is in many respects much more gun friendly than anywhere in the US. As it happens I have just come back inside after test firing a newly built open bolt sten gun which would be classified as a full auto machine gun in the US.

Quote by ian View Post
    You can't smoke ANYWHERE indoors in New York....but you can own a non deact rifle or handgun...but not a Semi or Full auto

But our President does smoke, but Michelle makes him do it outside.

But Maria lets Arnold "The Governator" smoke in the house.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast