Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

De-activation of weapons in Finland

Article about: if i could aford it i would be ther tommorow thank god some where is free

Jan
    ?

Default De-activation of weapons in Finland

In about one years time a new law concerning the deactivation of weapons will start to have impact on the collector market. All barrels vill be drilled at 5 cm intervals and the moving parts sawed to a 45 degree angle. Weapons deactivated before 2010 will not be affected by the new law.

Rgds Jan

Default Re: De-activation of weapons in Finland

Hi Jan,
    That is still better than what they do to ours in the U.k, the bolt action rifles have the bolt ground to 45 deg,. But the barrel is
    cut out a the bottom and a rod is welded into it, also a bar is put in the chamber. All M.G,s, are welded up and no moving parts are
    aloud, even the trigger is locked. so you are still better off than us.
    dave.

jh92
    ?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Jan,
    That is still better than what they do to ours in the U.k, the bolt action rifles have the bolt ground to 45 deg,. But the barrel is
    cut out a the bottom and a rod is welded into it, also a bar is put in the chamber. All M.G,s, are welded up and no moving parts are
    aloud, even the trigger is locked. so you are still better off than us.
    dave.
    Wow thats strict!

Hi JH,
    Yeah it is strict, and getting worse i think, even the replica pistols are governed. they cant be bought now unless you belong to a
    reenactment group, a theature or a museum. and then you have to prove it, We can still buy deac pistols but the price is high.
    We lost our right to keep pistols back in 87 i think !, everyone had to turn them in, there are more guns on he streets now than
    ever before, ( illegal one,s that is )
    Dave.

jh92
    ?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi JH,
    Yeah it is strict, and getting worse i think, even the replica pistols are governed. they cant be bought now unless you belong to a
    reenactment group, a theature or a museum. and then you have to prove it, We can still buy deac pistols but the price is high.
    We lost our right to keep pistols back in 87 i think !, everyone had to turn them in, there are more guns on he streets now than
    ever before, ( illegal one,s that is )
    Dave.
    Wow that is even worse then I thought. Unfortunately whenever something is outlawed it seems that the amount of it increases ten fold. I mean look at Philadelphia and New York City. Gun related crimes are on the rise, yet guns are outlawed. Apparently this leads many to ask, what is the point of outlawing weapons?

?

The answer to the problem is simple, MOVE !
    Why even bother with deactivated guns when you can have working examples that you can shoot ?

jh92
    ?

Amen LOL

Dear god in heaven. It scares me to death when I hear what the governments are doing across the pond. Here in most states you can still walk down the street with a .45 strapped to your hip. Statistics have shown that the states which allow law abidding citizens to own and carry firearms have the lowest crime rates. The states with the strictist gun control laws have the highest violent crime rates. In carry states, the dirtbag thugs never know if granny is gonna pull a desert eagle out of her purse and start throwing lead at them.

Jay

ian
    ?

a very wise man years ago who was an ardent shooter told me never refer to a gun as a weapon he said soldiers carry weapons civies have guns. He said the anti gun loby will use that word against us and guess what he was right. In the same vein I see the word Nazi used far to much in these forums that word will be used against us collectors by those control freeks who want all our collections made ilegal and destroyed the initials TR is the way to go. Ddont give the small minded idiots the ammo to use against us cos they will they have there minds on smocking and drinking at the moment but when they are done with that they will look for new targets like deactivated (GUNS)and tr memorobelia they use demonisation and dripping tap tactics and we know a dripping tap eventualy fills the bath and we all drown any other views or points
    cheers ian

Hi Jay,
    You are right i think we should go back to what is was years ago, when we could own hand guns in the UK. At least the gun owners were law abiding people you would not brake the law because you would lose you licence also. The hand guns were taken to be distroyed but most were sold outside the country. More money for the government, It is one law for them and one for us, ie We cannot own or fire handguns, but the House of Commons has a gun club, where M.P,s can use hand guns.
    How does that work?
    Dave.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast