MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)

Article about: Which dealer did the weapon come from. I did think any of Ryton Arms imports had the sniper notch and a lot of reproduction work adding this notch has been done here and in the states.

Default Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)

Hello everyone, merry christmas!
    A new rifle to my collection this year, and a rare one too I hear. Got this from jaybe militaria, great site and very good service as always. Not too expensive either.

This is a 1942 dated AVT-40, Tula factory markings. Very happy with this.
    Although the bolt does not move (welded in place to prevent people putting rounds in the chamber/reactivating), the wood is in amazing condition and is all metal parts. The magazine came with 10 inert 7.62 rounds and the magazine itself is fully removable.

Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)Deac AVT-40 (a very soviet christmas!)

I also got a very informative book named 'The Soviet Soldier', which is packed with information about uniform, military life, weapons and so on. Definately a good book for referance and has some good original photographs too.

Great looking rifle mate, a real pity they've gone overboard on the deactivation. I thought semi autos still had moving parts!...

Thanks Gunny.

I believe it is welded in such a way because it is an easy weapon to reactivate, due to people being able to file off the welds. Although it is pretty much a paperweight now, I suppose it is great if you can,appreciate the historical value.

Yes indeed mate a great looking display piece!..

?

Sweet!! Merry Christmas!!

?

These are long graceful rifles IMO.
    I understand, that the AVT-40 was not very succesful due to control issues.
    By a funny coincidence, I just the other handled two fully functional (non-neutered) SVT-40 rifles.
    Nicely balanced relatively graceful rifles for the period.
    They got a bad rep because of hurried production during/after Op Barbarossa was initiated, but that didnt stop the Germans from capturing thousands of the SVT-40s and putting them to good use.
    In the right hands and/or after a bit of tweaking, these work fine.

Merry Christmas and a great looking rifle.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Great find! And a Christmas surprise - it is not AVT-40.
    It's a legit sniper SVT (note the notch at the back side of the receiver, it's for scope mount cross pin). Only 14220 of them were produced in 1942. Very rare item

Last edited by 16225; 12-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Yes as mentioned not an AVT, I too was going to buy this until I noticed the sniper rail... (meaning it is an SVT)

?

Still very nice ..I have 1 the same..new dec..But still a very nice rifle. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast