Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deactivated Firearms Websites

Article about: Do any of you know any websites that sell deact-WW2 rifles in the USA? Many Thanks Just list any you know that you would like to share.

Question Deactivated Firearms Websites

Do any of you know any websites that sell deact-WW2 rifles in the USA?

Many Thanks

Just list any you know that you would like to share.

Default Re: Deactivated Firearms Websites

There are sites that sell reproduction firearms and display guns built on dummy receivers. Do keep in mind that unless the receiver has been “deactivated” to BATF specifications, generally that requires cutting it into three pieces with a torch, it would still be treated the same as an active firearm.

Ed

I mean websites that sell the guns with a piece of metal welded in the barrel, and it is missing the firing pin. (I have bought some like that here in the USA. They said"fully deactivated to BATF specifacations.)

Welding up the barrel and removing the firing pin does nothing to “deactivate” a firearm in the eyes of the BAFT. They are primarily focused on the receiver. It is what makes a chunk of wood and metal a firearm.

Here is an example. Let us say you go to a firearms dealer and purchase a revolver. You take that revolver home and remove the cylinder, barrel, grips, hammer, trigger and all the internal parts. The only thing left is the frame which is little more than a paperweight. The BAFT considers that paperweight to be a firearm and all firearm laws still apply.

Here is another example. I collect British and commonwealth military firearms. I have three drill purpose rifles in my collection. These are rifles that have had the firing pins cut off and the firing pin holes welded shut. The chambers have holes cut into them. Pieces of the receivers have been milled off so that they have been permanently weakened. I also own fully functional rifles. The BATF sees no difference between the two.

I used the above examples to explain why “deactivated” firearms are not common in the U.S. There is simply no advantage to deactivating functioning firearms. If you want a display piece there are non-firing replicas, dummy guns, and airsoft guns.

I hope this helps.

Ed

Ed is correct but for display purposes deact's with dummy receivers are available here in the U.S.

I live in Calif. and we have some of the most strict laws along with NY and some other states but i can purchase what ever is available in CA. but i cannot purchase out of Ca. and bring them in.

Here is my source. Goggle "military antiques and museum" located in Petaluma Ca. There i was able to purchase an mp 40, mg34 and rifles. Prices have now gone thru the ceiling in the past 3 years. Their stock varies from time to time and you must be patient if they don't have it. There are other places but you must do some research to find them.

rgds, Ty

That is an interesting site. Are they saying that their deactivated rifles and handguns are non-firearms? If so, then this is an area of the law which with I am not familiar.

What type of weapon are you looking for Lt. Martin?

Ed

i was hoping for a m38 russian carbine, or a m44 carbine, or a ppsh 41/43. (i had seen them on rytonarms.com and i wanted one but sadly i live in the usa.....so i cant get them from england)

Two of those three are easy to find a fairly cheap. Is there a reason that you do not want an "active" carbine?

I am only a kid and my parents won't let me have a live one. (stupid I know)

I understand. IMA sells some interesting items and no paperwork is required.

Military Collectibles and Antiques from IMA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast