Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Deactivated guns legal in California?

Article about: by gew98 Guys here's the problem ... "deac" does not exist by definition according to the BATFE goons. The receiver constitutes the weapon and if it is not a C&R simply deactiv

Default Re: Deactivated guns legal in California?

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Guys here's the problem ... "deac" does not exist by definition according to the BATFE goons. The receiver constitutes the weapon and if it is not a C&R simply deactivating it does not make it non a firearm under US federal bullsh*t laws , let alone more stringent state laws like "kalifornca". As well importation of a "foriegn deac" into the US will get your butt in a sling.
    With Regard to import, you are completely correct. BATFE considers the receiver as the firearm. UK deacts will still be deemed firearms, no matter what has been done to them to deactivate them. This also does apply to C&Rs. Mosins etc are brought in by licensed importers like Century or RGUNS.

You will need a licensed importer to bring in a deact. Or simply buy one that is already in the states.

Thanks Burt, I assume 'dummy' in this instance refers to deactivated guns?

Also, I'm aware that guns can't be imported, she would be looking to buy from American websites preferably.

Mat

Another problem is that many dealers just won't even bother shipping to California because of all the hoops that have to jumped. That being said, I agree with milmuseum in that most WWII guns are available for purchase there without being deactivated and are quite cheap(by Cali standards at least). The ATF requirement for deactivation are quite severe here, and the guns usually come out looking horrendous and are almost the same price as the real deal. The only other possibility I can think of would be resin copies.

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Thanks Burt, I assume 'dummy' in this instance refers to deactivated guns?

Also, I'm aware that guns can't be imported, she would be looking to buy from American websites preferably.

Mat
    “Dummy “ in most cases refers to a parts set assembled on fake receiver. In most cases the receiver is made of a solid piece of aluminum. In order to be considered deactivated the BATFE requires the receiver to be cut into four pieces via a torch. I collect British military firearms and my collection includes Drill Purpose firearms. The BATFE still considers DP firearms to be firearms. There is no difference. That should give you some idea of American gun laws.
    Ed

People republic of Kalifornia.... we are praying for less restriction.....one day...

BTW if you buy a gun online it will be taxed in california

Quote by zimm303 View Post
    “Dummy “ in most cases refers to a parts set assembled on fake receiver. In most cases the receiver is made of a solid piece of aluminum. In order to be considered deactivated the BATFE requires the receiver to be cut into four pieces via a torch. I collect British military firearms and my collection includes Drill Purpose firearms. The BATFE still considers DP firearms to be firearms. There is no difference. That should give you some idea of American gun laws.
    Ed
    So it's either a weapon that has been cut into pieces and welded again, or parts assembled onto a fake receiver? There are no guns simply altered to not fire..?

I find it somewhat ridiculous that a country where guns are legal is so Hell-bent making things difficult when it comes to the ones that don't work.

Mat

You hit it right on the mark Mat. Our gun laws are ridiculous, confusing and vary from state to state, but at least we can own them. I still say it would be easier to but a functioning gun than wasting money on a deact. You could always take out the firing pin making it safer.
    Good luck in your search.

Burt

I think you're right Burt, cheers for the advice.

Mat

California,

Demilled dummy guns as with most other states are legal in CA...

However,

Magazines or feeding devices with a capacity over 30 rounds are not importable from out of state, without a permit.

That includes, Bren mags, ZB26, MP40, PPSH drums or sticks, DP28 pans, etc, also MG34/42 links, yes a belt is a high capacity feeding device.
    So the demilled gun will not get you into trouble the loading device might - just remove the mag internals (disassemble) and you should be fine.

If she likes the PPsh there is a company called Hudson that make a very realistic metal replica version, that cycles, and comes with dummy rounds.
    She can also own a semi automatic version of the PPsh as it does not have a pistol grip. The mags would have to be 10 round only but that is no problem.

Pit.

Cali is PATHETIC with gun laws! Less than 2% of gun crimes are committed with legal firearms! Maybe the FBI stats have changed from a few years ago but not by much. A lot more Drunk Drivers kill folks there! Gonna ban booze again?! These anti-gun nuts make me LOL and prolly smoke pot and dust! That's legit though?! I guess in the eyes of "GANGSTA'S" It makes me ILL! PS-Worked in Law Enforcement! LE is the target of many thugs!!! GAME OVER!!!! I know politics aren't legit here. But if you did front-You'd get OWNED!!!!!!!!! Ever strap on a BP vest and go to work in the Mid-East or a major U.S. city? DOUBT IT!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast