Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Deaktivated SS mauser =(

Article about: Would have bought this one if it wasnt deaktivated.. SS Issued gew 98 modified to K98 with Totenkopf death head on barrel and stock. S/42 under the sight.

Default Deaktivated SS mauser =(

Would have bought this one if it wasnt deaktivated..

SS Issued gew 98 modified to K98 with Totenkopf death head on barrel and stock.
    S/42 under the sight.

Deaktivated SS mauser =(

Deaktivated SS mauser =(

?

Default Re: Deaktivated SS mauser =(

It can be reactivated, buy it if the price is right.

Where in Sweden do you live ?

?

Sadly what's left of this rifle is junk. It has had the barrel replaced and receiver milled , triggerguard and stock modified when it was rebarreled to US .30 cal by the norwegians post WW2. And now it has been deactivated on top of all that.
    The more prominent totehead markings and date of assy for the SS would have had been on the original 7,92 barrel...but that's long gone now. And since the stock had the magazine well modified for the longer 30 cal cartridge it's value even with the totehead still visible in the grip area is not very collectible.

Do you know the owner since you have so much info.
    Feel sad when such a fine historical item is ruined
    Would be nice to have a ss mauser in original condition,but it will probably never happen.

?

No knowledge of the owner. I had at one time 3 SS marked 98's. Two gew98 to 98k rebuilds and one S/42 1938 rebuild.All of which had the toteheads and most were very mismatch. I got one off a bubba dealer's table for $89 and it was one of those rode hard put up wet rifles...guy never spotted the totehead proofs on the barrel through the grime.
    Anyhow I don't collecto anything pre 1919 anymore so it's all water under the bridge to me.

Would be nice to have a matching SS 98, but will probably never happen. Dont have the money or connections to get one.
    But I can always dream, it will do fine with a sniper k98, have one that im about to purchase(without scope and mounts so will be looking for that).
    Thanks for the info gew98