Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Different Kind Of Rifle

Article about: Anyone remember this one from 40 years ago?

?

Default A Different Kind Of Rifle

Anyone remember this one from 40 years ago?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Different Kind Of Rifle  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: A Different Kind Of Rifle

Good evening Zwereg,
    I have vague memories of a round like this, (late 60's to 70's). I picked up the tail end of something, (which was in opaque white plastic with 4 fins), whilst on a shoot with a police team in London. They told me it was a gas grenade designed to penetrate a door and discharge the gas inside the building. I no longer have the piece but remember that it was about the size which would fit in a 12 bore shotgun case?
    I don't expect this old memory is much use to you but perhaps we can generate some more discussion.
    Best regards,
    navyman.

?

Here are some pistols of the same type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Different Kind Of Rifle  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

ive seen the pistole on the history channel. it was pretty cool, but they said that it didnt always work because the projectile had to re-cock the hamer as it was fired and lost so much momentum it just kinda falls out of the end.

I saw one of pistols at a gunshop near where I live, The owner comes up with all kinds of unusual things. It was still in the box and had a dozen or so rounds for it. I don't recall the price but it was up there. It was sold so it must have a collector following out there somewhere. I think the Gyro was an answer to a question that wasn't asked. But it was neat seeing one in person. Now I even get to write about it.