Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do you think the price or Russian small arms will rise ?

Article about: Hi Banksy - One must always listen to ones Mum. When I bought my first SKS my mum sat with me and loaded up 1500 loose rounds into stripper clips. Said it reminded her of her years in the ar

?

Default Do you think the price or Russian small arms will rise ?

Hi

Just asking wether you think Russian weapons will rise I'n price as there prety cheap compared to other guns why is this?

?

Default Re: Do you think the price or Russian small arms will rise ?

In the USA they are not very collectable.
    Japanese weapons were, until the last decade, fairly cheap but values are going up. I imagine Russian weapons will do the same.

The primary reason for the low price is the sheer numbers made, stored and now sold to raise cash-total Mosin Nagant rifle/carbine production is something like 30 million over 60 years-most of the other common weapons were also made in huge quanities compared to other countries' types-at some stage though the stocks will start to run out-you often see people on the forum saying "I remember when you could buy a K98k, a Luger and a U Boat and still have change from a fiver"-but eventually supply becomes less than the demand-it could take a couple of decades or more but the price will rise although the Nazi stuff will still be more 'desirable' to many collectors.

I got my K98's for $400 apiece and my Mosins for $100 apiece.

Maybe they will rise, who knows. It could make for a good investment though. Go buy up all the Mosins you can and sell them later for a profit. Every self-respecting gun shop has like 5 of them at any given time. haha

The AK-47 has been manufactured in many countries both officially and unofficially for several decades now. The estimates for how many vary widely at between 35-70 MILLION. Beloved of Communist countries, 3rd world countries, rebels, terrorists, gangsters etc., one country even has it as the emblem on it's national flag!

They can be picked up in African hell holes for between $30-$80. I don't think these will ever be worth much money, certainly not as an investment. Even gold plated versions i've seen as vet bringbacks from Iraq don't make big money really. (Unless youv'e got the S.Hussein autograph model with the sling made from the fallopian tubes of 10,000 Hummingbirds I guess.... )

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Were the K98s RC obkrieger?

Regarding the Russian Deacts rising in prices, I believe that they will keep rising the same as all other militaria I seen an old photo on here a very long time ago with a display stand at a militaria fair, Mosin's for £20, K98's for £50, STG44's for just over a hundred.......If I had a time machine

Thanks

Danny

Hi banksy,
    they will rise over time as they are at the moment, i only have two one 1917 Dragoon and a 1942 carbine both bought cheap. the first for 80 pounds and the carbine for 42 pounds, both now worth well over the hundred so they are rising. The carbine came straight out of the crate and got deactivated never fired a shot, good as the day it was made. best collect them now and sell later.
    dave.

They will certainly rise in the future here in the UK, as the main importer, Tony Budge passed away last year. His company, Ryton Arms, I believe, are not planning on bringing any more into the UK? If this is the case, I would expect Maxims to rise in value first.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi ade,
    i didnt know tony died, i bought my last K98 from him, sad loss.
    dave.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast