Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dp 28

Article about: Hi all, another deac I picked up a while ago is this nice DP 28 marked 1944. Dont know much about these but its a nice one I think! Any opinions? Cheers

?

Some very good snaps Ben thanks for showing..Always a pleasure.. The DP28 doesn't look like more than a fishing rod shoots lol.. Not a lot to it really which me thinks is a good idea if you are trying to mass produce them!! Cheer Terry.

Hi Ben, nice buy!

The mag was captured and then used by the Finns, note the "SA" mark, for Finnish Army.

These are great fun to shoot. I have had a go with one on the range with the Army. Very loud.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

They are also very heavy Ade and cumbersome, not very ergonomically designed to me as an infantryman
    Ben

They do need to be fired prone: firing from the hip is a bit tricky, as you have to hold onto the bipod leg. The sling of course helps. But given the date it was designed, it was state of the art at the time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice buy once again Ben did you get the Lithgow vickers?........................

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice buy once again Ben did you get the Lithgow vickers?........................
    Picked it up today Jake along with the luger, I will try and take some pics tomorrow, on nights this week so well see what happens with the light, to me both are fantastic, the Vickers is incredible!
    Ben

Well done mate i bet it is,and worth the wait indeed,look forward to the pics

A couple of tasters just taken with my phone, all matching including the mag. Serial number 9006 so is it an early one? The holster is lovely, the leather is fantastic. The belt loops have been cut at one point, do we think probably cut from a dead German soldier? Will take better pics tomorrow in natural light
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dp 28   Dp 28  

Dp 28   Dp 28  

Dp 28   Dp 28  

Dp 28  
    Ben

Now were talking,proper nice pistol mate

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Now were talking,proper nice pistol mate
    I will hopefully get the artillery luger back from Ryton this week with any luck
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast