Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DT Light Machine Gun

Article about: Thanks for that Ade, I've just had a look through some old photographs and video's of me and some other guys at cadets and it does fire from an open bolt And I've seen that exact picture a f

Default DT Light Machine Gun

This is one of 5 new deactivated weapons I finally got today :) As far as I know these weapons arent too common, and unheard of in some cases as the certificate for this weapon states that its a DPM. It is similar in some aspects to the DPM, however you can see the differences in the pictures below. :D I'll upload better pictures in natural light soon :)

Thanks
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DT Light Machine Gun   DT Light Machine Gun  

DT Light Machine Gun   DT Light Machine Gun  

DT Light Machine Gun   DT Light Machine Gun  

Default Re: DT Light Machine Gun

Really nice. What else did you purchase?

You'll soon find out over the next few days

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny, very nice. I have handled this actual one as it belonged to a comrade. (I am privvy to the deal Danny made) You got an exceptional deal on these! These usually retail for about £450 here in the UK.

Essentially it is the DP28 in basic form but redesigned for use as a vehicle machine gun. The mags take 60 rounds, being more useful than the 47 round mag of its cousin.

In the set up shown here, it is in Infantry mode with the addition of a bipod. The sights are the modified 1946 pattern with the circular ring shaped guards. These guns were popular with Infantry units as they were lighter and handy than the DP28 and of course the larger capacity mag was popular.

Like most ex Soviet weapons, it has been aresnal refurbished in the 1960/70's, hence the super condition.

A T34 had two of these fitted. Here is a pic of me back in 2003 about to fit one into the turret mount on my friend's tank.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DT Light Machine Gun  

Thanks for the extra background information Ade I couldnt actually believe that I got this and the other weapons at the price I did, but I think these are going to be some of the pieces in my collection that I'm not going to get rid of

Also, I'm not too sure if its part of the deactivation, but are the working parts not meant to be able to get pushed forward again after cocking the weapon and is the bolt and carrier non removable as I havent figured it out yet

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny, after cocking the bolt will remain open and only move forwards when the trigger is pulled.

The bolt and carrier should come out. Read up on field stripping the DP28 and DPM it is esentially the same.

Cheers, Ade.

Is that part of the weapons actual design, or the deactivation.

And I'll have a look at a copy of the field manual for the DP28, bearing in mind that I can find it

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny, it is designed that way as it fires from an open bolt.

See my friend Baz's site on how to strip the DP27/28.

gunpics.net

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks again Ade, the way its been deactivated means that the bolt and carrier assembly cannot be removed sadly.

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny, that is a pity as usually these should come out.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast