Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dual Tone CZ Vz.27

Article about: The Enfield is a revolved, I had posted pictures a while back, but due to some delays the paperwork was never filed. Police papers for transfer of ownership, they are all live firing PPK is

?

Default Dual Tone CZ Vz.27

Most recent acquisition; pardon the poor pictures, I was in a bit of a rush. Anyone have any info on these two-tone Vz.27s? Slide is polish-blued, but the lower is just phosphate finished; matching slide and lower #.

Dual Tone CZ Vz.27
    Dual Tone CZ Vz.27
    Dual Tone CZ Vz.27

Barrel is spotless

?

No clue as to the two-tone finish, but what a super nice handgun.
    The CZ has long been a favourite of mine for some reason.
    A good quality compact handgun with good ergos.
    A nice shooter and especially so in the long barrel version with a suppressor

?

Id guess that if it has German markings on it that it was rapidly assembled by them when they took over production at the CZ factory for their war effort

?

Thanks Worth mentioning that the finish has not been tampered with; I've found a few more of these on Google, but no definite answer as to why. Only tampering on it is some post war proof marks, and an unfortunate meeting with a fake SS stamp, thankfully only in one spot, near the postwar marks anyway, so it sort of blends in with them.

And yes, it does have German proof marks.

I wasn't aware there's a long barrel version, going to look that up!

?

lew07 makes a valid point.

But it might also be from the latter days of German occupation. A relatively high polished standard of some parts having been produced and then suddenly the end looming and a dire need for all weapons, so some parts had to make do with the duller phosphate finish. Just a thought.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Thanks Worth mentioning that the finish has not been tampered with; I've found a few more of these on Google, but no definite answer as to why. Only tampering on it is some post war proof marks, and an unfortunate meeting with a fake SS stamp, thankfully only in one spot, near the postwar marks anyway, so it sort of blends in with them.

And yes, it does have German proof marks.

I wasn't aware there's a long barrel version, going to look that up!
    Loads of CZ suppressor info & pics here.

One site also mentions that early guns were blue and then later parkerized, which would tie in with a need for guns and for cutting costs. So maybe a factory match of one part from an early batch mated with a part from a batch made later.

Early blued examples and then later parkerized guns when times got hard would follow the norm from many German WWII handguns. As for the mix and match - see above.

CZ 27 w/extended barrel for silencer

International Ammunition Association {iaaforum.org} - View topic - 9 mm Para for muffler [silencer] (NOT FOR SALE)-X hst Germa

Late War CZ-27 with extension (silencer) - New Items

Scarce Late World War II Nazi Occupation Czechoslovakian Model 27 Pistol with Silencer Barrel

ARMSLIST - For Sale: WWII CZ 27 with silencer barrel

Czechbook

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    lew07 makes a valid point.

But it might also be from the latter days of German occupation. A relatively high polished standard of some parts having been produced and then suddenly the end looming and a dire need for all weapons, so some parts had to make do with the duller phosphate finish. Just a thought.
    Actually, that's the odd bit, they're not all from the same 'batch', so maybe they are just random parts that were in a bin that got put together that way. I've seen the serial numbers vary quite a bit.

EDIT: They went from blued prewar, blued wartime, to phosphate finish wartime twards 44' I think. At some point they had parts for both and mixed and matched a few I suppose.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Actually, that's the odd bit, they're not all from the same 'batch', so maybe they are just random parts that were in a bin that got put together that way. I've seen the serial numbers vary quite a bit.

EDIT: They went from blued prewar, blued wartime, to phosphate finish wartime twards 44' I think. At some point they had parts for both and mixed and matched a few I suppose.
    Yes, basically what I tried to imply in my (clumsily worded) post above (and now below)

Quote by Scout View Post
    Loads of CZ suppressor info & pics here.

One site also mentions that early guns were blue and then later parkerized, which would tie in with a need for guns and for cutting costs. So maybe a factory match of one part from an early batch mated with a part from a batch made later.

Early blued examples and then later parkerized guns when times got hard would follow the norm from many German WWII handguns. As for the mix and match - see above.

CZ 27 w/extended barrel for silencer

International Ammunition Association {iaaforum.org} - View topic - 9 mm Para for muffler [silencer] (NOT FOR SALE)-X hst Germa

Late War CZ-27 with extension (silencer) - New Items

Scarce Late World War II Nazi Occupation Czechoslovakian Model 27 Pistol with Silencer Barrel

ARMSLIST - For Sale: WWII CZ 27 with silencer barrel

Czechbook

Did you have a chance to peruse the CZ suppressor info?

?

D'oh, makes sense. I have, and quite frankly I felt my wallet cringe and my organs beg to not be sold in exchange for one of those, truly interesting weapons. I've found a handy little list of approximate production numbers for dating the CZ-27:
    Up to 1938 - serial # 0- 15,000 These are preGerman occupation
    1939,40 & early 41 - serial # 15,001-20,500 Serial 20,500 is consider the start of all production
    going to the German military.
    1941 - 42,000 CZ27's produced
    1942 - 100,000 produced
    1943 - 200,000 produced
    1944 - 77,000 produced
    1945 - 23,000 produced This is up to the point when the allies liberated the factory.

Which if my math isn't too bad, would place it somewhere in summer/autumn of 1943, assuming an even output of weapons throughout each year.

So now I've got the police papers on this beauty and a Enfield No 2 being worked on, and if the dealer is open I can pick up my PPK tomorrow. Happy days!

?

Police papers - as in permit for a shooter (or is it a deac)?

The CZ is indeed an interesting weapon (long barrel or not) and further more a sleek elegant handgun IMO.

Id say, that is a more than worthy companion to the PPK. Congrats on both ...and the rifle as well for that matter. We look forward to a pic, when you have gotten your mitts on all three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast