Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Dutch 1922 fn

Article about: Posted a Yugoslavian 1922,I picked up the other day. Here is the first 1922 pistol I bought some three years ago,that started my interest in these fine autoloaders.. Photos for your veiwing.

Default Dutch 1922 fn

Posted a Yugoslavian 1922,I picked up the other day. Here is the first 1922 pistol I bought some three years ago,that started my interest in these fine autoloaders.. Photos for your veiwing.

?

Default Re: Dutch 1922 fn

in the last pic you see the stamp of the Dutch Queen Wilhelmina the weapon is used by the Dutch Army in WW 2 1940

Thanks for the information.Thought that was what it stood for.Saw the movie "Soldier of Orange" some 25 years ago,and have been interested in the Dutch and underground since.This pistol was a link to that time.

I am fron the netherlands.

Both my granddad (Frederik) and his father (Leo.)were in the dutch resistance.
    Leo was Seargent-major instructeur in the dutch army. he was taken on the end of 44 and shot in neugamme. Frederik was shot treu his kidney by re-taking Central station of Utrecht with his group. he died in '53 becaus of it.

if you want i can post the medal...

greets DE

Amazing,though I collect and shoot firearms,when I hold them,there is truely a link to the past.I have read many a book on what happened in Holland,your history is oft untold.Yes ,I would like to see the medal.My dad's brother was wounded in the Hurtgen forest.All were killed in the half track,except him.Twentyfive years later,he was still getting schrapenel pulled out at a veterens hospital.I have his Colt 1911 pistol he brought home.Some photos for your veiwing.

Thanks paddywonka for showing us that nice FN 1922.
    I have an interest in these fine Belgian guns myself.
    Thanks also to other contributors in this thread.
    Any other FN-collectors out there?

Best regards
    Laplander