Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

Article about: Enjoy this Dutch M95 Carbine as reissued and modified by the Germans in WW2.. It was brought home to the USA by a 82nd. Airborne Trooper.. Note also German manufactured ammo for the Dutch Ca

Default Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

Enjoy this Dutch M95 Carbine as reissued and modified by the Germans in WW2.. It was brought home to the USA by a 82nd. Airborne Trooper.. Note also German manufactured ammo for the Dutch Carbine marked (h) for Holland...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm   Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm  

Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm   Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm  

Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm  
    Attached Images Attached Images Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm 

Default Re: Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

Neat little carbine. I guess that it was an "OP Market-Garden" pick up?

What is it like to fire? The small cartridge must reduce the recoil, compared to larger calibre carbines which often kick a bit.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Neat little carbine. I guess that it was an "OP Market-Garden" pick up?

What is it like to fire? The small cartridge must reduce the recoil, compared to larger calibre carbines which often kick a bit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, You are 100% correct it was picked up durring Market Garden by Sgt. William H. Scarborough 82nd. Airborne Charlotte, NC.. I have shot the Dutch carbines many times and not much recoil but very loud..I have never shot this one...BILL

hey i live in holland and you wont find them here live is unfair

Johnnie
    ?

These are truely neat little carbines. The few I have had the chance to examine were extremely well made. Really hard to find now, especially in this kind of great condition.
    I understand that a few of these were captued and used by the Japanese during the war, and post war some were converted to .303 British by the Indonesians. Any info on those Bill?

Thanks for sharing.

Johnnie

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    These are truely neat little carbines. The few I have had the chance to examine were extremely well made. Really hard to find now, especially in this kind of great condition.
    I understand that a few of these were captued and used by the Japanese during the war, and post war some were converted to .303 British by the Indonesians. Any info on those Bill?

Thanks for sharing.

Johnnie
    Johnnie, Many were captured by the Japanese in the former Dutch collonies in the South pacific.. I have seen one with a Japanese rubberized sling on it.. After the war many were converted by the Indonesian police to .303 British and had a flash hidder added to them..One of these show up at the Charlotte show a couple years ago...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

The Hembrug 1917 was my first attic find whan I was young- 1986 year- but it wa a long rifle, the ammo I found with, was boxed and dated 1916 and has a stell reinforcement at one side...
    Interesting that I shot from that gun with Arisaka cartridges too, ahd they was perfectly extracted
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Johnnie, Many were captured by the Japanese in the former Dutch collonies in the South pacific.. I have seen one with a Japanese rubberized sling on it.. After the war many were converted by the Indonesian police to .303 British and had a flash hidder added to them..One of these show up at the Charlotte show a couple years ago...BILL
    I can understand them puting a flash hider on it. As light as it is, in .303 it must be a bear to fire much like the Enfield No.5 Jungle carbine. Would love to have one too.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Very nice carbine Bill and it has a great story to go with it. It's always a + when you know something about it.This is my M-95 Steyr in 8mm. (8x57) It's like a bb gun on steroids and it does pac a bit of a wallop.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm   Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm  

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Enjoy this Dutch M95 Carbine as reissued and modified by the Germans in WW2.. It was brought home to the USA by a 82nd. Airborne Trooper.. Note also German manufactured ammo for the Dutch Carbine marked (h) for Holland...BILL
    Beautiful Dutch Hembrug mister Grist, thanks for sharing, here a well know picture of the driver of General Kussin who where shot by British Para’s on the first day of operation Market Garden, next to him you can see the same short Hembrug rifle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast