Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"DUV44" marked German rifle buy

Article about: This rifle was on a gunshops list on the net 20 years ago,no pics,had to ask about it on the phone.Priced at 450.00,well he didnt know anthing about them obviously.I asked if the stock had a

Default "DUV44" marked German rifle buy

This rifle was on a gunshops list on the net 20 years ago,no pics,had to ask about it on the phone.Priced at 450.00,well he didnt know anthing about them obviously.I asked if the stock had a ser. no. and did it match,he said I dont know never looked.Anyway he said it looks like it does but rifle is sold as is and there are no returns.I said I will take it and sent a money order,figured it was probably screwed with.When I got it I was pleasently surprised.Its all matching and metal finish is near 98%.The stock may have been cleaned not sure but no heavy sanding.Great cond original mag.Figured I couldnt get hurt no matter what it looked like,the parts were worth more than 450.00.Gas cylinder is correctly electro penned and all bolt internal parts match!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "DUV44" marked German rifle buy   "DUV44" marked German rifle buy  

"DUV44" marked German rifle buy   "DUV44" marked German rifle buy  

"DUV44" marked German rifle buy  
    Last edited by Toecutter; 03-15-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Another great find TC.

Hey TC, leave something for the rest of us! Nice score!

$450.....wow......thats all what I have to say.

Thanks guys!Got lucky, it could have had a cracked receiver , bent or bulged barrel ,been buffed and refinished etc etc, I took a chance ,"as is and no returns" means just that,no recourse.Some wont go there and I understand that.I have got stuck with a few losers over the years believe me.In that case you just have to recoup what you can and move on.Nothing ventured nothing gained I always say.ha

Nice find. The winners out do the loser is most cases. 'Can't get it in if you can't get it up' Gotta take a chance sometimes.

John

MAP
    ?

Is that a durofol handguard?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes its durofol marked in a diamond inside,believe its correct for DUV G43 rifles."Blond" stocks like this were issued on some rifles .Have heard germans soldiers would put used motor oil on them to darken the wood so they didnt stand out.

MAP
    ?

Not sure if it was DUV. Used to know but forgot. But these durofol guards are a huge bonus.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!Duv was the only G43 maker that used them as far as I know,this handguard survived in ex cond.I think some of this material was used on late p38 grips also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast