Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol

Article about: Walther received a contract to supply flare pistols to the Prussian police in the 1933-1935 period. This Walther steel flare pistol bears the sunburst K observed on Sauer Behorden models and

Default Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol

Walther received a contract to supply flare pistols to the Prussian
    police in the 1933-1935 period. This Walther steel flare pistol bears the sunburst K observed on Sauer Behorden models and P08 holsters of the 1934/35 period. Earlier Walthers in the contract bear the simple sunburst with no letter also seen on Sauers and holsters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol   Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol  

Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol  

Default Re: Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol

Very nice! It looks to be in pretty good shape. Clean.

Joe, What a nice and rare Early Police Third Reich Walther Flare Pistol, I would think they also had Sunburst 'K' marked Flare Pistols holsters as well...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I am sure there is one out there Bill. Unfortunately, I have not found one.

Well Bill, instead of the sunburst K that is found on P08 holsters, I found a Prussian one dated 1936 and TP.
    The serial number goes closer to my 1936/37 Erma contract than the Walther contract, but it is a Prussian accepted piece.

Joe,,, Very nice holster, a great addition to your collection....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Yes indeed! Do you have more overall shots of it? Ron

Yes indeed, sorry I didn't display it right off. This one came with the tool and strap, two items that are usually missing on the ones I have found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early III Reich Prussian police flare pistol