Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early PPS43

Article about: Ken, nice PPS43, produced in 1943. you were right, it's early gun. bottom part with handguard is not original for this gun, it was replaced. Kulakov's factory was the only factory, where wer

?

Default Re: Early PPS43

Quote by HistoryNutter View Post
    Hi Alex
    translated some of your article so as the serial number begins with "b/б" it was in the first run of PPS43 from the Kulakov/Кулакова factory- as it is low б5452 can I presume it was made about March 1943?
    Also read that the "early" safety on PPS used to break- is that a possible reason for changing the bottom of the PPS on mine?
    Looking on some Russian sites bakerlite handles did not come out until 1944 but does the star in the centre mean anything, as most seem to have the letter "C/S" in them (SAM/Moscow factory?)
    Also not shown on the photos in front of the bolt on the reciever is a letter "П/P" and a small star- does this signify anything?
    As it was produced during the siege of Leningrad can I presume it is likely it was issued to the defenders of the city?
    The magazine that came with it has the letter "1" and 27 in a triangle stamped on it and has a round button instead of the square ones like on Leningrad Metalist I have got- is that unusual?

many thanks again,
    Ken
    Ken, yoy correctly understand about serial numbers.
    But it's hard to say exatly date of production. Official date when PPS43 was taken to armament is 20/05/1943. But certainly this is not the date of production of first PPS43. There are also known few so called PPS42\PPS43, which have common details from PPS42 and PPS43. But date of production is should be near May, 1943.
    You also correct about break of early safety - it is possible reason of changing bottom of you guns, but here we can only imagine there real reason
    I cant tell you about manufaturers of plastic grips with star\C logo (but there is version that C mean "Scetmasch"), but you are correct that plastic grips appear only at the end of war, earlier i think they were postwar, until I see ground find PPS43 from Latvia with plastic grips

You are also correct that your gun was produced under siege of Leningrad but city defenders
    П\Р and 1 markings don't tell me anything, 29 in triangle - postwar arsenal mark

So your russian also is very well

?

Quote by ELV View Post
    Wow! What a thread! Alex, I figured that it would be great if you could help us out even more by posting the appropriate factories for all the Soviet PPSh-41 and PPS-43 stamps shown here (e.g. No. 6: Вятско-Полянский машиностроительный завод "Молот") and so on.

I think it will be usefull for all, I will do it, but in few days

I'm sorry to confess to you but I used google translate for your article! Which is a feat itself typing each Cyrillic letter word into a box and recording the translation! For the other websites as its a HTML google will do that instantly.
    But i'm pleased i've got the correct Russian names for the PPS and factories, etc.

I'm sorry theres probably nothing I can help you with in return- but perhaps i'll post pictures of my early war Sten Mk II for comparison on a new thread. Now that makes my PPS look like expertly finished- I think the Leningrad welders were better than the English Sten welders!

Overall though I think I would preferred to use the PPS as the magazine feed is much more reliable being double stack,

many thanks again,
    Ken

Reg
    ?

What an excellent thread! Thank you for taking the time to pass on your knowledge to us Alex. I have been looking for such info for years without success.
    Thanks again and best wishes.
    Reg

?

Here is list of manufacturers
    But I cannot guarantee that it is 100% correct
    I also should mention, that list of manufacturer logos was created by user "косян" from Guns.ru Talks, it's also great work

Early PPS43

ELV
    ?

Quote by 16225 View Post
    Here is list of manufacturers
    But I cannot guarantee that it is 100% correct
    I also should mention, that list of manufacturer logos was created by user "косян" from Guns.ru Talks, it's also great work
    Many thanks for your great input. I would like to add the complete names of the companies as well as the locations where they operated during PPSh-41 and PPS-42/43 production. Would it be possible for you to give some additional info regarding the following questions?

2. and 3. I was also unable to find the "Kirov aviabuilding factory" or "F. Dzerzhinskiy factory". Do you know what their complete names were and where were they located?

7. Тбилисский инструментальный завод in Tbilisi (correct factory name and location?)

8. Красный штамповщик in Bryansk (correct factory name and location?)

13. and 14. If the "C" is the Stalin factory, which one is it, the one that later became ZiL or the No. 92 in Gorky?

15. Тбилисский паровозо-вагоноремонтный завод им. И. В. Сталина in Tbilisi (correct factory name and location?)

17. Сестрорецкий инструментальный завод им. С. П. Воскова in Leningrad (correct factory name and location?)

Many thanks in advance.

?

2. and 3. I was also unable to find the "Kirov aviabuilding factory" or "F. Dzerzhinskiy factory". Do you know what their complete names were and where were they located?

Завод им.Дзержинского НКНП\ F. Dzerzhinskiy factory, location unknown, People's Commissariat of Oil Industry
    Киров, Завод N43 НКАП \Kirov, factory#43, People's Commissariat of Aviation Industry

7. Тбилисский инструментальный завод in Tbilisi (correct factory name and location?)

correctly

8. Красный штамповщик in Bryansk (correct factory name and location?)

Атель "Красный штамповщик"\завод №10, Кувандык
    This factory was evacuated from Kiev in 1941 to Kyvandyk (Orenbyrg region) and became factory #10

13. and 14. If the "C" is the Stalin factory, which one is it, the one that later became ZiL or the No. 92 in Gorky?
    That one one that later became ZiL

15. Тбилисский паровозо-вагоноремонтный завод им. И. В. Сталина in Tbilisi (correct factory name and location?)

correctly

17. Сестрорецкий инструментальный завод им. С. П. Воскова in Leningrad (correct factory name and location?)

Correctly. This factory is the rearest manufacturer of PPS43, they produced only 35000 guns. Also there were produced all tools for PPS42\43 production at all Leningrad factories

Also possible that logos 4 and 5 belongs to Завод "Искра" Мосгорсовета\"Iskra" plant of Moscow city council.

ELV
    ?

Thanks a lot for the great info! I once had a deactivated PPS-43 made at the Voskov plant, but at the time I had no idea what the stamp meant.

?

Default Any help appreciated on the markings of my PPS43. Thanks!

Hi guys, Any help appreciated on the markings of my pps43. Those are the only markings I could find.
    Thanks Oleg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early PPS43   Early PPS43  

?

Those are proofmarks (inspection stamps) that were stamped during production or refurb. Nothing important
    Show pictures of whole gun

Quote by Ols76 View Post
    Hi guys, Any help appreciated on the markings of my pps43. Those are the only markings I could find.
    Thanks Oleg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast