Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Elderly revolver

Article about: Hello again, I know that this deac Webley is not strictly WW2 but hope that anyone can help me identify a stamp on it? The revolver is a Webley Mk "IV" 450/455 and I believe they w

Default Re: Elderly revolver

Nice collection - what is the extension on the P38 barrel?

Is that lens distortion or is the shell self bending rather a lot?

Nice collection well displayed,

Pit.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Some great pieces there. Thanks for showing.........!

BTW, what are the UK laws regarding
    percussion and flint ?
    Steve

Perfectly OK to own antique percussion and flintlock weapons. Working reproductions of these types are however, subject to legislation.

It is also possible to own without licence, weapons chambering "obsolete" calibre rounds [as defined by the Home Office] therefore it is possible to own a working Reichsrevolver. The .455 used in the Webley is not on the list.

The list of obsolete rounds is at Appendix 5 here:-

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica...df?view=Binary

That's a quick overview of a quite complicated subject - lots more legislation including that covering the firing of antique pistols.

Regards

Richie

?

very nice collection and display, it was a good idea to put the supports under those shelves.

I bought a .455 Webley IV late last year (amongst others)-will be a while before it's actually in my possession though as its required to be licenced to me-no 'obsolete ammo' exemption in Oz, which, when you think about it, is reasonable. It doesn't take too much skill or effort to make ammo or reload it especially for a revolver-if you can get it into the cylinder away you go!

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Some great pieces there. Thanks for showing.........!

BTW, what are the UK laws regarding
    percussion and flint ?
    Hello Steve,
    We are allowed to keep antique flint and percussion locks providing we do not intend to fire them. If we do then a licence is required and the piece has to be proved and a separate licence obtained for black powder. Any weapons which are not antique, (ie; modern replicas) have to be on your firearms certificate.
    Hope this is helpful?
    Cheers, Guy.

?

Guy you certainly keep your brother in law busy with the shelving!!!!! lol. Cheers Terry.

Yes I must do something about that, I really don't need a bundle of Bofors landing on my wheelchair!
    Cheers,
    Guy.

Great collection

Hi Guy,
    Great collection you have some lovely pieces there, thanks for showing them and nice to see you on here,
    We havent talked for a while hope all,s well with you and the family.
    dave,

?

I see your collection is growing there Guy, the Thompson looks the part and is that a helmet I recognise on the shelf there LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast