Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"

Article about: I bought this back in 1991 and refinished it shortly after but I wish that I had left it alone. At 21 yrs old and my first refinish I think I did ok job though. Doesn't seem like 20yrs ago..

Default Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"

I bought this back in 1991 and refinished it shortly after but I wish that I had left it alone. At 21 yrs old and my first refinish I think I did ok job though. Doesn't seem like 20yrs ago... I paid 89.00$ for it. Hope you all like it any other info would be great.

Eric
    Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"Attachment 226712Attachment 226713
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: Enfield .303 British No. 4 Mk. I "U.S. Property"

Very nice rifle. Looks like you did a nice job. Do you remember the condition it was in?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Very nice rifle. Looks like you did a nice job. Do you remember the condition it was in?
    Yes I do dark in color some dents on the stock and said Peters down the butt stock about 6 inch long in white paint. I also striped it and did some rebluing.

Eric

?

It looks fine to me.
    That model makes a fine self defense weapon.

Thanks for the kind word guys.

Eric

Hi Eric, looks like it was rebuilt once in it's life anyway, so I would not worry too much about your restorations. You did a neat job. I think these are simply the best bolt action rifle of WW2. Always a pleasure to shoot.

Cheers, Ade.

Your rifle was made by Savage Stevens as a 'lend lease' product for issue to Britain and allies-thus the 'US Property' mark-the rifle was postwar upgraded to Mk1/3 status at the Fazackerley factory in Britain (F FTR =Factory through repair)-main upgrade was the remount of the trigger on the action body instead of the wartime economy measure of mounting on the trigger guard.

Thank you for the help gents.

Eric

Very nice looking rifle. Think you did a good job for your first attempt and did not ruin it.
    Pretty interesting info by lithgow.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Thats as neat a job as you can get, my favourite weapon, fired hundreds of rounds through them and very accurate, got my marksman badge on one at Bisley ranges, many years ago, dead simple to use, and clean and strip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast