Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Enfield 6 shot magazine

Article about: Hi all I bought this magazine for my No 1 MK III Enfield replica... as the replica mag is solid and I wanted to display rounds... however I did not realise until I got it home that it was co

Default Enfield 6 shot magazine

Hi all
    I bought this magazine for my No 1 MK III Enfield replica... as the replica mag is solid and I wanted to display rounds... however I did not realise until I got it home that it was considerably shorter then the normal 10 round!!! the only 6 shot magazine similar to this one I can find on the net.... is for the MK 1 Enfield cavalry carbine, Boer war period!!! would that be correct!!???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield 6 shot magazine   Enfield 6 shot magazine  

Enfield 6 shot magazine   Enfield 6 shot magazine  

Enfield 6 shot magazine   Enfield 6 shot magazine  

Enfield 6 shot magazine  

Hi; I think that if your rifle is an Mk III, you should have the correct magazine on it; all the MkIII's were issued with a 10 rounds magazine. There are 3 or 4 variations, but an early mkIII (until 1915 circa) should have a second or third variation.
    I'm pretty sure that your cavalry 6 rounds magazine is quite scarce, much more than a 10 rounds one.

The carbine mags are as rare as hen's teeth-the number of carbines made was comparatively small and the mags were only issued one per weapon-they're intended to feed the old round nose type .303 ammo and are smaller capacity and size to easily get the carbine in and out of the leather bucket on the saddle without catching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield 6 shot magazine  

Thanks for the info and pic guys!!! ok.... so I got a good bargain then.. as I paid around the same price as the normal 10 shot mag's were going for!!!!!!

Now all you need is the carbine to go with it!