Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Enfield Butt Plate Question

Article about: Greetings, A quick question for those who collect Enfield rifles. Is it possible to use a No. 1, Mk III butt plate on a No.4, Mk i Enfield or are the stocks just too different to make that t

?

Default Enfield Butt Plate Question

Greetings,

A quick question for those who collect Enfield rifles. Is it possible to use a No. 1, Mk III butt plate on a No.4, Mk i Enfield or are the stocks just too different to make that type of exchange?

Thanks.

Gary

?

Default Re: Enfield Butt Plate Question

Although there are a few differences , I think you may get away with it, I dont think the butt was all that different in size

?

A catalogue I have from the Gunparts Corporation states that one size fits all.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    A catalogue I have from the Gunparts Corporation states that one size fits all.
    Beware! They have been known to make some serious mistakes. Their gun schematics are also often missing parts.

The butt plate can be interchangable but I wouldn't reccomend using a No.4 on a No.1. A No.1 on a No.4 will fit but leave gaps around the top. No.4 plates are real common, are you in need of one?

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    The butt plate can be interchangable but I wouldn't reccomend using a No.4 on a No.1. A No.1 on a No.4 will fit but leave gaps around the top. No.4 plates are real common, are you in need of one?
    Looking to replace a brass one on one of my No. 4's and I see quite a few No. 1 brass butt plates on e-Bay for a reasonable amount while the same for a No. 4 seem to go for quite a bit more. Would rather not have gaps so I'll wait for the correct one to show up.