Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Enfield No.2

Article about: Finally received my Enfield No.2 revolver in the mail this week. Gonna take her to the range this weekend :-) here's a little info on it, Cal.38 and manufactured in 1943 by RSAF Serial #ZA55

?

Default Enfield No.2

Finally received my Enfield No.2 revolver in the mail this week. Gonna take her to the range this weekend :-)

here's a little info on it, Cal.38 and manufactured in 1943 by RSAF Serial #ZA55XX, retains about 95% of the original finish, fully functional with all matching serial numbers just missing the lanyard loop.

If anyone happens to have a spare lanyard loop hanging around for one of these let me know.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12596178_1142294589138278_1530292010_n.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	946199

Definitely on my list! Very nice.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Hey Phil97,
    Did you ever take it to the range. How's it grouping?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Yes, ive been about 3 times with it, ive only shot 20 down the pipe since ammo is scarce and expensive. But dispite the heavy double action trigger it shoot very nice, almost better than my beretta m9. Havent really been doing groupings though, mostly just shooting at steel reacrive targets.

?

I was reading on the S&W forum that you can use .38 S&W rounds in this. The bullets in only 145 grains verus the 200 grain of the original 38/200
    These are the comments I read. The first is quoting the Gents question and the second is a reply.

"Quote:
    Originally posted by delta-419:
    I know that this is a dumb question, but as a shooter, I have been shooting .38 S&W in my British Victory. Is the .38S&W the same round as the 38/200? And is it safe to shoot them in a Victory?

The .38 S&W has a lighter 145-grain bullet versus 200-grain for .38/200. But, it is perfectly safe to shoot. I shoot it alot in my Enfield No. 2 Mk. 1 Revolver. "

I don't know if that would help with the ammo situation .

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thats good to know, phil. It's on my list of firearms and ammo is always a concern.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

I shoot 146gr S&W out of mine with no problems, theres no difference in casing size just bullet weight so no worried there. Also for the price of these guns you cant go wrong, i paid 175$ for mine only downside is the cost of ammo at 50$/box.

Nice example Phil. Yeah the price of hard to find ammo is quite restrictive we all know. A local gunshop near me wanted $45 for a box of Federal 8MM which I thought was awful but scored a box of PPU 8MM at a show for under $20. One of the rare deals I have found at a Gunshow!!