Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enfield No.5 MKI

Article about: Enjoy this Enfield No.5 MKI 'Jungle Carbine' Cal .303....BILL

Default Enfield No.5 MKI

Enjoy this Enfield No.5 MKI 'Jungle Carbine' Cal .303....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield No.5 MKI   Enfield No.5 MKI  

Enfield No.5 MKI   Enfield No.5 MKI  

Enfield No.5 MKI   Enfield No.5 MKI  

Enfield No.5 MKI  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Enfield No.5 MKI

Very nice Bill, I have fired one of these, seem to have more recoil than a standard No 4!
    Ben

?

Very nice,I had one of these too, between muzzle blast and recoil I found it unpleasant to shoot so I traded it away.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Very nice rifle ! look like NEW condition!

AAHHH an Enfield,super clean........I have a smile

Now that brings back memories, I had one for pig shooting up north.......STILL A BIT DEAF Great fun though!

The first rifle that I ever purchased was a 'Jungle Carbine'.. In my neighborhood there was a brand new shopping center, in that shopping center there was a Western Auto store and it sold a few rifles..I would ride by bike to the Western Auto Store a couple of times a week, (I was 14yrs. old) and look at the rifles for sale.. Well I also had a paper route and had saved a couple dollars, one Sat. that I went by the Western Auto there was a 'Jungle Carbine' hanging up for sale, I thought it was the coolest thing that I had ever seen, I paied two dollars down and put it on lay-a-way the total price of the 'Jungle Carbine' was 17 dollars and .15 cents per round of .303 ammo.. It took about two more weeks and I had purchased the 'Jungle Carbine', I also purchased 10 rounds of ammo, I took it out to the country on my bike and shot up all the rounds except one which was a dud..I pulled the bullet on the dud and to my susprise it had some spaghetti looking stuff in the shell case.. I later found out that this was cordite, and I had a great time laying the sticks of spaghetti on the ground and lighting them.....This was the start to a wonderful historicaly inlighting hobby of collecting militaria....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hi Bill, great story and a great carbine too

Cheers, Ade.

hi,i bought a jungle carbine in the 80s that was seized in india from the rebels.great rifle i used it for years hunting deer.

Johnnie
    ?

Nice one Bill. We had one of these in our "unoficial" arms room in Afghanistan, and I got to shoot it a couple times with Indian made ball. Definately bites and ear plugs a must!
    Your story reminds me of my youth. Bought a super Jap Type 99 vet bring back all matching including dust cover and original sling from our small Coat-to Coast hardware store with money saved working for my stepfather's construction company all summer. I think I gave $25.00 for it. Still have it in storage in the States.
    Those days are long gone unfortunately!
    Thanks for sharing this one.

Johnnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast