Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Enfield Oil Bottle

Article about: Chaps, I got this for my SMLE, did not cost me much at all to be honest, is it genuine? Not sure if these are reproduced? I presume EFD stands for Enfield? Cheers

Default Enfield Oil Bottle

Chaps, I got this for my SMLE, did not cost me much at all to be honest, is it genuine? Not sure if these are reproduced? I presume EFD stands for Enfield?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield Oil Bottle   Enfield Oil Bottle  

Enfield Oil Bottle  
    Ben

?

Very nice brass oiler,I only have the cheap plastic one.......Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield Oil Bottle   Enfield Oil Bottle  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Ben, its a very nice brass oiler with a decent leather washer and spoon, on a lot of the cheaper plastic ones the spoons were prone to snapping,to avoid the leather washed drying out give it a soaking in 3 in 1 oil periodically or fill the oiler and use it as intended

Cheers guys, nice to know original, only paid a £5 for it so no loss either way
    Ben

Now you need the pull though-although the rifle's barrel may be blocked, the pull through fits in the butt trap along with the oil bottle (when coiled correctly).

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Now you need the pull though-although the rifle's barrel may be blocked, the pull through fits in the butt trap along with the oil bottle (when coiled correctly).
    On my to get list I have also found a 1916 leather SMLE sling and a 1907 Pat bayonet dated 1916

Cheers

BTW leather frog for bayo or webbing?
    Ben

Web is correct in the sense that it was the material of choice for the new P1908 equipment as designed, but leather was substituted in places where the web material wasn't available-Australian made equipment was leather well into WW2.

Again many thanks for the heads up
    Ben

Hi Ben, Nice one on the oil bottle i have both types here, good buy on the 1916 sling i have one dated 1917
    in good condition one my 1918 Enfield. just curios but would anyone know how much a First war sling would be worth ?.
    Dave,

Cheers Dave, I looking at a pull through at the moment, brass ended one
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast