Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Enfield P14 rifle for christmas

Article about: Heres some pics of a p14 222*** with parker hale 5b target sight,it will more than likely have the sight taken of as i have a flip up sight to go on it to return it to army spec,it will need

Default Enfield P14 rifle for christmas

Heres some pics of a p14 222*** with parker hale 5b target sight,it will more than likely have the sight taken of as i have a flip up sight to go on it to return it to army spec,it will need a bit of wood repair and volley sight base is still there so not a bad item to fill a space in the collection,Colin.Enfield P14 rifle for christmasEnfield P14 rifle for christmasEnfield P14 rifle for christmas

?

If it has been there and done that then was upgraded to shoot competition , I would keep it as is. i have a ERA P14 that has been sporterized and it shoots clover leafs at 100 yrds. I heard that the ParkerHale sighted versions are just as accurate if not more, I would just enjoy it as is. Like you mentioned its a filler/place holder until you get what would fill that void with.
    just my 2 centavos on the subject.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

A nice looking Winchester so you now need a Remington and ERA to finish the trio, or go for the Quartet and get a 1917 too.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    A nice looking Winchester so you now need a Remington and ERA to finish the trio, or go for the Quartet and get a 1917 too.
    So is that what the IW cartouche on the buttstock is. Winchester?

SF
    Phil

Yes, Winchester 1, if I remember correctly you will see 1E on Eddystone guns and 1R on Remington guns as the 3 manufacturers items weren't completely interchangeable and as this was known, they were marked as such. For this reason the rifles were substitute standard. I believe tolerances and interchangeability improved on later guns and during the Weedon upgrades to Mk1*, many of these parts were modified and mixed between guns.

nice rifle.nice to see your avatar Mr W.H.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice rifle.nice to see your avatar Mr W.H.
    Yes a tribute to william hartnell and all the fine actors gone by.
    Az Phil,im afraaid its deactivated so in the world of my collection as a wall hanger it sits as an alteration to a great war gun that i assume didnt happen in its military career,unless you can persuade me otherwise that is.........

Cool looking rifle!....

?

Enfield P14 rifle for christmasEnfield P14 rifle for christmasEnfield P14 rifle for christmas Enfield P14 rifle for christmasYou have any plans for that rear sight ?. I love my Patt'14 . I have had it for 30 years and it will outshoot any military rifle I have and had.