Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I

Article about: Hi, Very nice pistol, and nice pics to thanks for showing it, ( Envious ). Dave.

?

Default Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I

Hi gents, could somebody give info on short barrel No2 MKI revolvers ?

google isn't working

Default Re: Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I

Many of these revolvers had their 5 inch barrels shortened by importer to make them more saleable. Even though they are not original they often sale for more than unmodified revolvers.

Ed

Hi,
    I have some info on the Enfield revolver, No2 Mk 1. it was designed by Webley and Scott, Cal, .38/200, rate of fire 20-30 rounds per minute. muzzle velocity 620 Ft per sec, effective range 15 yds, Max range 200 yds;
    the No2 mk1 was a British service revolver, double action with spur hammer. Produced 1932-57, there were
    270.000 made, and it was in service between 1932 and 1963. I hope this helps you.
    Dave

P.s couldnt find pic of short barrel version.
    Attached Images Attached Images Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I 

?

Quote by zimm303 View Post
    Many of these revolvers had their 5 inch barrels shortened by importer to make them more saleable. Even though they are not original they often sale for more than unmodified revolvers.

Ed
    Got it, ta. It means they never were in service and the stories about SAS special weapon & so on are crap.

Panzer, ta for the info.

Hi,ph3s,
    You are welcome mate we learn something everyday, but i cant see the Special forces IE S.A.S, ect using this type of weapon. I have trained with them a few times in the past and never heard them speak of this type of revolver.
    dave.

Ps obviously when i was younger, lol.

?

I nearly fall into it, 'cos there was an attempt in SU to arm NKVD guys with shortened Nagant. But I though it's better to ask first

Interestingly, google start to work, you see

Untitled Document

Webley .38 Mk IV commercial/police pattern 2'' barrel revolvers were used by British forces in WW2 as available stocks were obtained from Webley at the start of hostilities due to weapon shortages-the Webley pattern revolvers are similar but not identical to the Enfield type-I assume the SAS use you're asking about was WW2-as a 'private army' outfit they used a variety of whatever equipment they felt would be useful-Allied or Axis, standard issue or not e.g. Vickers K guns mounted on Jeeps, weapons that were surplus RAF aircraft machine guns with a high rate of fire.

PS The US Smith & Wesson Victory .38 Super revolvers were produced in 2'' and 4'' barrel lengths mostly for factory/installation guard use in the US.

Hi,
    Thanks for the untitled document, very interesting read, but seeing the No2 Mk 1 it probably did it,s job but i think they ruined a nice revolver, it actually looks stupid. Ok at short ranges i guess.
    Dave,

There are official short barrel No.2s, they were cut down for Police trials and a number were converted by Enfield. Unfortunatly, many dealers have carried out the same mod to a lesser quality than Enfield. The official conversion consisted of reducing the length of the barrel, milling a section of the rib away on the top of the shortened barrel, and then milling the cut off rifle section of barrel so it just leaves the rib and forsight. This section was then silver soldered in place using jigs. A true conversion is very well done and its almost impossible to tell its been done. The dealer conversions range from the good to the absoloutly f***ked up, I saw one on Saturday and it was beyond recovery, a real shame.

The genuine examples tend to be of 1939 manufacture (I dont know why), have the lanyard loop removed, and deffinatly have no arabic (ie Egyption) markings. The trial conversions were marked with a DDE number.

The No.2 was designed by Enfield rather than Webley, but it is quite obvious were the basic design originated. There was a long and well known legal battle between the Government and Webley at the time, Enfield defending their revolver as a new design due to the way the side plate could be removed fro access to the mechanism. It was produced from 1929 ( I have a 1929, 1930 and 1931 example) but was introduced into service from 1932 and there were far more than 270,000 produced.

?

thanks for your help gents. I 've decided to keep it simple.

there we go my scot dao
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I   Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I  

Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I   Enfield revolver No 2 Mk I  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast