Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Enfield SMLE 3 1913 with magazine cut offfor Christmas

Article about: Yes the good lady really did get me this and p14,mother got me a pair of Canadian battledress trousers as well. Annoyed from this ads?   Rifle is real nice it makes one wonder what thev

Default Enfield SMLE 3 1913 with magazine cut offfor Christmas

Yes the good lady really did get me this and p14,mother got me a pair of Canadian battledress trousers as well.
    Rifle is real nice it makes one wonder what theve been doing for the past 100 years,the rifle that is.Enfield SMLE 3 1913 with magazine cut offfor ChristmasEnfield SMLE 3 1913 with magazine cut offfor ChristmasEnfield SMLE 3 1913 with magazine cut offfor Christmas

Shame it has the later cocking pin. An early one should have the round one.but a lovely rifle all the same. I have 11 off them,all shooters.everyy one ww1 dated some mk3*'s with magazine cut offs 😍

I will keep my eye out for a cocking piece John but i cant make it shoot like yours im afraid.

To get one with matching bolt is quite difficult. A lot of them,when they are released, end up with mis matched bolts in order to proof them. In the US this is not a problem as they don't proof them. It should be quite easy to find a round one. Believe it or not i have a 1917 dated smle naval issues with a magazine cut off. And they stopped the cut off in early 1916! Its because it was issued to the navy it has the cut off. Quite ar rare bird. And as far as know it's only been fired for proofing

Don't worry too much about the cocking-piece, both types were used during WW1. But if you really do want one, have a look on the website of DS MILITARIA. If you decide to swap it you will find a bolt stripping tool will come in very handy. If you are unsure what it looks like, its a 'T' bar with lugs on the bottom.

I did have a brief look on DS site and couldnt see one,thanks for the advice Harry.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Don't worry too much about the cocking-piece, both types were used during WW1.
    you're right mate, they were.......buit NOT on a '13 model

Cocking Piece No1 Mk3 SMLE

You should be able to import with no issues, as it's under $100 in value, over that you will need an import licence, and export licence ($250) new laws by the federal government concerning firearms and parts thereof. .
    I should know I'm an RFD and it's giving me a headache

nice n cheap

The flat-sided cocking piece may not have been on a 1913 vintage rifle when built, but if you are going to restore an SMLE to how it was when built - it can get rather expensive. First of all there is the fore stock to consider. You are going to have to modify it to take the volley sights front and rear, then there is the bottom contour of the wood to modify. Then there is the top set of wood. Are the lugs which wrap around the rear sight missing? What about the rear sight protectors? Are they milled out or are they flat-sided? The rear sight, is it the Mk111 windage adjustable or the later type adopted on the Mk111* ?. Then there is the trigger guard/magazine plate. Does it have the two milled lugs for the sling swivel or a simple wire loop? Then you move on to the butt assembly. It should have a marker disc near the rear sling swivel.

So when you start considering what kind of cocking-piece a Mk111 rifle should have, you really do have to think about just how far back to its original state you want to take it. Depending on how deep your pockets are, you might be better off leaving everything as it is.

Cool

Some good advice and information there, but I still reckon it's a very nice-looking rifle !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast