Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ernst Udet Pistol Sold on TV series "Auction hunters"

Article about: Gday all , In the final Series episode of auction hunters , it seems several engraved pistols were discovered in a storage shed , including Udets platinum plated pistol (reportedly) , Season

thanks for the info RH1941
    probably not the best move on the producers part showing a firearm and saying its got no serial on a worldwide tv show , but in saying that the auction house sold it in 2010 also was in the US , still a nice piece

There is a very good chance the handgun started in the guy's safe - and was rented from him for the episode.

It's a show guys - they call collectors, and set it up - it's scripted and you get a paycheck for performing, each take is directed, and they will shoot additional coverage if they don't get the reaction they want.
    They don't even really do a good job of pretending it is anything other than scripted multi camera TV.

I've worked Discovery a dozen or so times, I have a friend who works as their sword expert, and has been a buyer, expert and sword cutter on multiple episodes, another is a professional Hollywood armourer, he has been on as an armourer, a buyer and an expert depending on which show and channel - History Channel or Discovery Channel - shows - oftentimes they are not directly financed by either TV channel, and are independently produced and sold, so the cross-over of talent is not subject to buy-out conditions.

They have someone come up with the idea, another finds the item for sale, another is paid to be the buyer or the expert - it's cheap entertainment.

I rented a Gatling Gun for a Russian Feature-film in Utah, the owner has had it 30 years, and still has it, this was the one they bought and sold on Pawnstars - and I think it actually turned up in two shows - (I think the owner is a member here, too. He has a wonderful collection of "pre-recoil" lever-operated "machine-guns")

The prices they come up with are hilarious fiction, too.

Last edited by pitfighter; 05-14-2015 at 08:07 AM.

A shame they think people are all ignorant twits that will believe any lie that they want to toss at them. American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Duck Dynasty.....you name it. All those shows and their relatives are pure rubbish. Just phoney entertainment to entertain the idiots...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    There is a very good chance the handgun started in the guy's safe - and was rented from him for the episode.

It's a show guys - they call collectors, and set it up - it's scripted and you get a paycheck for performing, each take is directed, and they will shoot additional coverage if they don't get the reaction they want.
    They don't even really do a good job of pretending it is anything other than scripted multi camera TV.

I've worked Discovery a dozen or so times, I have a friend who works as their sword expert, and has been a buyer, expert and sword cutter on multiple episodes, another is a professional Hollywood armourer, he has been on as an armourer, a buyer and an expert depending on which show and channel - History Channel or Discovery Channel - shows - oftentimes they are not directly financed by either TV channel, and are independently produced and sold, so the cross-over of talent is not subject to buy-out conditions.

They have someone come up with the idea, another finds the item for sale, another is paid to be the buyer or the expert - it's cheap entertainment.

I rented a Gatling Gun for a Russian Feature-film in Utah, the owner has had it 30 years, and still has it, this was the one they bought and sold on Pawnstars - and I think it actually turned up in two shows - (I think the owner is a member here, too. He has a wonderful collection of "pre-recoil" lever-operated "machine-guns")

The prices they come up with are hilarious fiction, too.

Why are they using Mr Magoo, Chuck Connors and Michael Moore for this show????
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Mr. Magoo owns the Gatling - Chuck Conners is a stuntman - Michael Moore is me.
    I guess I do look like a fat c**t there -

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Mr. Magoo owns the Gatling - Chuck Conners is a stuntman - Michael Moore is me.
    I guess I do look like a fat c**t there -

F***************ck!!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Different Gatling but fun, in California. Getting off topic, sorry I couldn't resist!

Quote by rudolph View Post

Different Gatling but fun, in California. Getting off topic, sorry I couldn't resist!
    Looks like an identical carriage and paint job - I'm sure the owners know each other.

?

All that 45 70 love is gonna make me rub one out !!!.

Justin McElhaney
    ?

Actually the serial number law went into effect in 1934 and was added to in 1968 and 2011 but in 1934 adding a serial number was only optional to certain firearms which didn't include pistols..in 1968 all firearms had to have serial numbers added to them however those manufactured pre 1968 without serial numbers by federal law are not illegal here is the linkhttp://www.atf.gov/content/firearms/firearms-industry/guides/publications-firearms-national-firearms-act-handbook..now as far as auction hunters goes...everything they find is genuine and not planted..they have no clue what they'll find in those units and the show follows them with cameras for at least 8 months a year so what u c is only a max 5% of the units they buy there r alot of units they actually get into the red on but the network won't air those footages..I've known Ton for 18 years and what u c on the show is how he actually is...in fact he got that scar on his head at my house..when I lived in Lancaster he was pretty much like family and was pretty much like a big brother to me..m moms boyfriend daughter who is pretty much my little sister still talks to him alot and her and my brother r going out to visit him this summer..Ton isn't a fake person and wouldn't act fake even for his own show..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast