Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Facing a small dilemma

Article about: i understand that,but all things considered a complete,deactivated gun is,in my opinion,more desirable than an incomplete one...to each their own,,,,

Default Re: Facing a small dilemma

What is your problem?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    To buy a non-deactivated gun in this country, you have to be a member of a pistol club for 3 months or and a licence costs about 145 $.
    thats not too bad, you have to take safety classes in my state, then it cost about 125.00 , but you can carry your gun in public.

I have decided not to buy the luger after all, the luger is 320 $, deactivation is 120 $(Which is just robbery), and shipping is probably 20 $ and that will be 460$, which is about what a Luger usually costs, i thought i might save a lot here, but i was wrong.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

yeah, I missed it, does it shoot?, if it did, man I would love to have it, but I guess I need to get my m-1 carbine fixed first, broke it the other day shooting it, but being it's a 1943 model & probably never been worked on I guess it was about time for something to break, oh well, it's not major.

regards Marty

if you can get that luger for the amount you stated,buy it,,,even junker lugers where i live start about 800.00...

Actually, the lugers in this country go for 450-600 in this country. Deactivated and those that can shoot. So i will wait until i find a better deal
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Quote by militarymania View Post
    if you can get that luger for the amount you stated,buy it,,,even junker lugers where i live start about 800.00...
    your right about that, I wish they were that cheap here.

I also collect deactivated guns and they are more than expensive paperweights. Personally if people confront me about them being expensive for a piece of wood and metal that doesnt do anything I just turn around and tell them that a painting hanging in their house is nothing more than a piece of paper with some paint on it that they've spent hundreds on. Also if they say that a painting at least is nice to look at, I just tell them that my deact is a lot better looking and has more history to it

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I also collect deactivated guns and they are more than expensive paperweights. Personally if people confront me about them being expensive for a piece of wood and metal that doesnt do anything I just turn around and tell them that a painting hanging in their house is nothing more than a piece of paper with some paint on it that they've spent hundreds on. Also if they say that a painting at least is nice to look at, I just tell them that my deact is a lot better looking and has more history to it

Thanks

Danny
    I would find your reasoning much easier to understand if you could not legally own guns with history that were not deactivated.

In the UK, we can own certain weapons with the correct firearms licence but everything else has to be deactivated. If Vegar has money to spend and is wanting to buy one of these pistols it is overall his choice and if it will make him happy we can't exactly go against that decision. If you are sure that its what you are wanting to do by all means go for it, pistols look great in a frame

Thanks

Danny

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast