Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few of mine....

Article about: Enfields: Mosins: And.. HERECY!! I just stripped one of my Mosins, this is a '38 Tula: The rest of the Mosins are 2 Izzy 91/30's, 2 Izzy M38's, a '04 Finnish capture Model 91, a Hex Izzy 91/

?

Default A few of mine....

Enfields:

Mosins:

And.. HERECY!! I just stripped one of my Mosins, this is a '38 Tula:

The rest of the Mosins are 2 Izzy 91/30's, 2 Izzy M38's, a '04 Finnish capture Model 91, a Hex Izzy 91/30 & 2 M44's (1 Izzy, 1 Polish)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few of mine....   A few of mine....  

A few of mine....   A few of mine....  

?

Default Re: A few of mine....

I like what you have there !
    Regards

Matt

ian
    ?

i love that beach stock on the no4 beutifeul , cheers ian

Nice looking sticks. How do they shoot?

You're pretty Mosin crazy aren't you? Nice rifles. I still remember a friend of mine had one we went out to shoot it, accurate as could be but the kick really beat me up pretty bad.

Mike

Awesome collection, as Ian said that beech stock on that No4 Rifle looks great

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    You're pretty Mosin crazy aren't you? Nice rifles. I still remember a friend of mine had one we went out to shoot it, accurate as could be but the kick really beat me up pretty bad.

Mike

What's not to like at $80-$120 a gun?

I don't have any problem with the recoil, but I have noticed other people at the shooting ranges beside me having major problems with the muzzle blast, especially from the M44's & M38's
    The usual reaction appears to be "religion based questioning".... as in "Jesus Christ!! WTF was THAT???"

?

I love taking my M44 to the range for just that reason. People think I just set off a live grenade when I fire it. Very accurate rifle even with the iron sights.

First time I fired it the kick was offsetting... Left my shoulder completely bruised as well as broken blood vessels (probably because I wasn't holding it tight enough) but eventually I built up a callus and now I don't even get sore.

The only drawback is you want to keep going but it over heats after about 100 rounds and the laminate stock starts to sweats. I've been afraid the barrell might melt at times but just as you say, at $80+ it's no major loss, which is exactly why my friend and I chipped in to purchase a mismatched M44 just for shooting. By the way, the only way to shoot the M44 is with the bayo extended. It looks bada$$ and actually helps with the accuracy.

Sorry for the lengthy post but the M44 was my first WWII item purchased and is what kicked off my obsession with all things military.

?

By the way, Rick, I forgot to say very nice collection! I've always wanted to pick up one each of the Mosin variants but just got so preoccupied with other items. I think you may have inspired me to revisit this dream...How long did it take you to put together that sweet collection?

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    By the way, Rick, I forgot to say very nice collection! I've always wanted to pick up one each of the Mosin variants but just got so preoccupied with other items. I think you may have inspired me to revisit this dream...How long did it take you to put together that sweet collection?

I bought 7 of them over about 5 months, then a while later was given the Finn capture model 91 by someone who owed me $$$$.

You might want to rethink the "one each of the Mosin variants" as there are about 300 different ones...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast