Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A few more of my firearms...

Article about: What could be in the leather? French MAB Model D 7.65mm; no markings beyond the "standard factory marks; S/N falls within the range of guns the French Military ordered in 1939. Beretta

Default A few more of my firearms...

What could be in the leather?

French MAB Model D 7.65mm; no markings beyond the "standard factory marks; S/N falls within the range of guns the French Military ordered in 1939.

Beretta Model 1934, Romanian Contract; 9mm Skurt instead of Corto!

Swedish Husqvarna M40, version of the Finnish L35 Lahti. This example was one of several thousand made for the Danish National Police at the end of WWII.

Not sure of the model number/desination of this Enfield.

For now, here is my "Old Work Horse", a 1916 made Colt New Service, chambered in .455 Ely. It was touted as "carried by my grandfather in WWI when he (an American) flew for the RAF in WWI! Long ago I was taught to buy the gun, not the story; what I can say, for sure, about this gun is that it has both British Military Acceptance marks and from what I've been told, British Commercial markings indicating after military service is was sold in the private sector market. When/how it made it to the US I don't know; there are no import marks on the gun anywhere.... I do have 5 boxes (250 rounds) of PriviPartisan loaded .455 Webley - here's 6 rounds fired at 10 yards:

Enfield No.2 Mk I* revolver is the correct designation. They were used by Tankers. I have one in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

very nice items.

Nice lot! I particularly like the Swedish Lahti! Not an easy thing to find in good shape!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Yes very nice collection and all in nice shape.

?

Nice group of pistols friend.

Thanks all!

I have a 1915 Colt New Service in .455-an accurate and solid piece of kit!-very minimal markings on it though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few more of my firearms...   A few more of my firearms...