Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A Few Of My Subguns

Article about: Samnev - Is your MP34 9mm Luger/Para or 9mm Steyr/Mauser? I have to say, I didn't know a lot about them until I found mine, they are such cool and well engineered weapons. The rat-tail syste

Default Re: A Few Of My Subguns

Samnev -

Is your MP34 9mm Luger/Para or 9mm Steyr/Mauser?
    I have to say, I didn't know a lot about them until I found mine, they are such cool and well engineered weapons.
    The rat-tail system reminded me of the FN FAL when I first saw it.
    Is yours a waffen marked example?
    Mine has the Steyr logo on it, but no other maker/proof markings,
    The mag pouches and mags are all waffen marked, however.

Maybe it's the fact that it is known as the Roll Royce of subguns, and I'm a snob, lol.

Ref. the MP28 - that is a very clean one, what is the ROF like, I heard they were joyfolly low RPM, is that a brass mag housing?

How does the Reising shoot? - I have been fascinated by the action, the strange cocking handle system, and ejection. It does not fulfill the mandate of my collection, thankfully, so I won't have to be tempted. But, I have a soft spot for these misunderstood weapons.

A very nice and well thought out collection.

Pit.

?

Thanks Samnev. Very nice collection!!! So what are the tags on the strings hanging down on them? Are they for sale tags?????

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks Samnev. Very nice collection!!! So what are the tags on the strings hanging down on them? Are they for sale tags?????

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Phil,

The tags are inventory numbers that are listed on my inventory spread sheet so if I go my wife will know exactly what the weapon is how much it' cost me and its estimated current value and what accouterments go with it.
    Sam

?

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Samnev -

Is your MP34 9mm Luger/Para or 9mm Steyr/Mauser?
    I have to say, I didn't know a lot about them until I found mine, they are such cool and well engineered weapons.
    The rat-tail system reminded me of the FN FAL when I first saw it.
    Is yours a waffen marked example?
    Mine has the Steyr logo on it, but no other maker/proof markings,
    The mag pouches and mags are all waffen marked, however.

Maybe it's the fact that it is known as the Roll Royce of subguns, and I'm a snob, lol.

Ref. the MP28 - that is a very clean one, what is the ROF like, I heard they were joyfolly low RPM, is that a brass mag housing?

How does the Reising shoot? - I have been fascinated by the action, the strange cocking handle system, and ejection. It does not fulfill the mandate of my collection, thankfully, so I won't have to be tempted. But, I have a soft spot for these misunderstood weapons.

A very nice and well thought out collection.

Pit.
    Pit,
    The rate of fire I estimate at 500 RPM. Yes that is a brass housing and it is in 9mm has a Steyr logo and is waffen marked. As you know it is almost a direct copy of the MP 28 but the Mk I* is full auto only and doesn't have the tangent curve rear sight the MP 28 and I think the Mk I had.
    It's a great gun to shoot but lack of spare parts keeps me from shooting it.The extractor seems to be a part that is prone to breakage and zi do not have a spare one.

nice ! The MP40 would be my favorite!

Outstanding weapons, Sam and a very thoughtful man !!! Bravo !!!
    Regards, Thanos.

?

Thanks everyone for your gracious comments. Still have a few I haven't room to display yet.

?

Great collection. Bet it's a lot of fun firing those beauties, Ray

?

Quote by RayG View Post
    Great collection. Bet it's a lot of fun firing those beauties, Ray
    Ray,
    Yes it is a lot of fun but because of a lack of spare parts I don't shoot the Lanchester any more. My favorite,which I also have plenty of spare parts for is the PPSh 41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2