Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fg42

Article about: Gents, just a quick question, how much should you expect to pay for a Shoei FG42 replica like this one? Thanks

Default Fg42

Gents, just a quick question, how much should you expect to pay for a Shoei FG42 replica like this one?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Fg42  Fg42  Fg42  Fg42  Fg42 
    Ben

Default Re: Fg42

Hi Ben, personally I would not bother. I know we spoke of these elsewhere.

One thing to remember: these and other replica's are now covered by the Violent Crime Reduction bill. You cannot buy one unless you are a member of of a re-enactment group with public liability insurance. No restriction on owning one if you already have it. Just you cannot sell without it going to the right person.

Cheers, Ade.

I have one in my collection - I would like a real FG, and have my eye on a demilled one, but at nearly $60K, I doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future. I have a lot of pals who are weapons enthusiasts, and work in the firearm trade whether it is in movies, or retail, and the FG always gets a lot of attention, even though it is a replica.
    I am glad I have it in my collection - we don't have rules governing replica gun ownership here - although I believe my government is headed that way.

Pit.

?

I don't remember the exact cost but IIRC it was above $2k here.

?

Ben they ain't cheap !! I can't remember what price it was but it was in the 1000s of pounds....Me if I had the money spare yes but as I haven't so it is no!!!...Hopefully you get it sorted.. Cheers Terry.

dexterws??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have the "second" model FG42 by Shoei it is terrific for what it is - it was about $1200 - but they are probably more now.
    I know if you contact Shoei directly they occasionally have deals.

I bought this 1:1 display "first" model (see below) from a modelmaker in Indonesia, it is just for looks, but it was only $200 and was sort of an experiment - took forever to arrive - and I had to paint it, sorry not my strong area.

The guys is very good, (it deserves better than my paint job) and does a lot of this sort of thing, PM for his details if interested.
    Certainly cheaper than the Shoei version, lol, but not as durable.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...psc4f2f3bf.jpg

Here in the UK it depends who you are buying it from. Dealer price £1100.00/1200.00, private £900.00.

Bigsie

dexterws what is that quote about? Interesting first couple of posts. I have seen them around a grand Ben.

This thread is nearly 5 years old. I'm sure that by now, if Ben really wanted one of these, he'd of already got it......

Just saying like.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast