Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Flammenwerfer restoration project

Article about: Very nice car. I have found that flamethrower and artillery piece restoration is nothing compared to vehicles. Good luck. Have some boys. It really does help on vehicle restoration. Of cours

bravo6delta
    ?

Default Re: Flammenwerfer restoration project

I need some assistance with restoring the M41 Flamethrower with the hydrogen gas projector. The internal parts on mine are missing and I need some photos of the projector with the sleeve off and some details of the gas tube and ignition system at the end. I have a lot of M41 flammethrower parts and accessories. if anyone is interested.

flamethrowerexpert
    ?

I just found you guys and would love to have your flamethrowers in the USA. Take a look at my website, I am firing flamethrowers in shows, movies, TV and private collectors almost weekly. Fun and I meet lots of great people.
    I attached a photo of my son firing a "captured" F41. I have a WWII report by a US Army Capt that says "if I needed a flamethrower I would look for a German one as they were more reliable and easier to fire". I also have most of the US Army report on the F41 testing a captured and also connecting the M2 wand.
    The F41 is a joy to fire and will be on Spike TV Deadliest Warrior some time this year. We are filming next week. Sadly my unit is not original but a reproduction.
    Email me and I will try to scan the report and send more photos. Keep up the good work, history is too important to ignore.

Charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flammenwerfer restoration project   Flammenwerfer restoration project  

Very impressive and thanks for posting the pics

Thanks

Danny

wow very nice item,but very deadly during the period.

cheers ewan

?

Hello folks. I have not been active on this forum for quite some time now. A lot has happened in my life since the last post in this thread.
    (I've got married, and I have moved)
    But recently I have started the work of restoring the second Flammenwerfer in my collection.
    First, I have had the carrying frame for the tanks sand blasted, and rebuilt. It was quite damaged when I first found it. Fortunately I also found original full length springs for the back support and to hold the tanks, at the same place that I found the frame itself.

?

It was alot of work on the carrying frame. I just had to try to fit a oiltank in it. These pictures show the very first fitting of the oiltank in this frame since the war.

?

Then I rebuilt the back support springs, and added the lock on the spring that holds the tanks in place.
    (please do not pay attention to the small stickstoff.tank, as it is not a original one)

?

Then I had the frame painted, and started the restoration of the oil tank.

?

I got hold of a very nice original nitrogen/stickstoff tank, to complete the set:

?

A coat of paint on the tanks, and original parts did the job. I'm very pleased with the outcome of this restoration.

Waffenamtmarkings on the new tank:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast