Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Flammenwerfer restoration project

Article about: Very nice car. I have found that flamethrower and artillery piece restoration is nothing compared to vehicles. Good luck. Have some boys. It really does help on vehicle restoration. Of cours

?

Default Re: Flammenwerfer restoration project

Very nice car. I have found that flamethrower and artillery piece restoration is nothing compared to vehicles. Good luck. Have some boys. It really does help on vehicle restoration. Of course they have to be 14-15 before they are real help. I have better pics but this is straying even further from flamethrowers.

Two of my boys like flamethrowers better than cars and the other is is a tie.

I like those labels. I thought of making a microbrew with a similar label. LOL Let it age a few more years and we'll drink it.

?

Nice car, Copdoc
    My wife really has a thing for those muscle cars.. I guess I have to buy her one, when we have built us a new house (In the planning right now). She's pregnant btw. so future help on wehicle restoration is on it's way

But of course, nothing beats flamethrowers

Here are a couple of pictures of my two sets together, during the restoration of the second Flammenwerfer 41

And as for drinking the Flammöl 19... haha..
    I prefer a good glass of red wine instead

Cheers
    Last edited by Bjørn; 10-07-2011 at 03:05 AM.

?

Thanks Bjørn, It has been a good one. I bought it used in 1969. It is a 1964. When we were married we left the church in it. I prepped it for storage as the kids started coming and pulled it out when the oldest was about 16. By the way, I filled the engine with Marvel Mystery oil after draining all gas and oil. When I took it out of storage, I changed oil and filter, got new battery, points and plugs, filled with gas and it ran after about 16-17 years of sitting. If you do have to park a vehicle for a long time prepping it is very helpful.

Now congratulations on the pregnancy, but it is going to be a looooooooooooooooooong time before you have help. You are about to be "run ragged."

Nothing beats flamethrowers, of course. Muscle cars are close.

You have a NICE collection of flamethrowers.

Hi Bjørn, congratulations on your marriage! Wonderful setting.

You have done a fantastic job on all these flamethrowers. Very well done!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for your nice comments and kind words, Gentlemen
    I really appreciate it.

Cheers
    Björn

Bjorn:
    Beautiful setup
    Recently had my friend build a functioning replica of a flammenwerfer 41. I'm trying to find any sources for parts. IE a packframe "w" straps, , wand, any knobs or fixtures. Right now i have it mounted to a Alice pack frame and are using a butane torch for ignition. Would like to salvage enough parts to build a functioning wand.
    Can i trouble you for some closeups of the tank lables so i can have them reproduced by a company that makes engine data plates
    Did you ever come across any reliable information about what was used for a fuel mixture. I have had decent results with basic diesel fuel. It is to ignite. I have to preheat the muzzle for a few seconds before firing it to have a reliable ignition. I have some awsome pics of our test fire last weekend. Do you have a facebook account?
    -Mike

?

I've sent you a PM, Mike

Best Regards
    Björn

Ampman
    ?

Where are the pics? Id like to see them

Paul

?

Hello. Thanks for the interest
    The pictures are still there - I have no problems seing them. Try to reload the pages, and I think you'll be able to see them too.

Cheers
    Björn

?

Very nice Flammenwerfern Björn and everyone! Here are some more detailed photos of another one. Everything is un-touched and original, but the carrying frame still has some green (unoriginal) overpainting that I have not had the time to remove yet, but underneath it has a nice original color:-) Of special interest is the original rubber muzzle protector and the original wrench. Hope you like the photos:-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flammenwerfer restoration project   Flammenwerfer restoration project  

Flammenwerfer restoration project   Flammenwerfer restoration project  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast