Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.

Article about: Whilst on the range shooting the other day one of our club members asked if I would be interested in a German flare pistol he had had for a number of years. He used to work on building sites

Default Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.

Whilst on the range shooting the other day one of our club members asked if I would be interested in a German flare pistol he had had for a number of years. He used to work on building sites many years ago and this flare pistol appeared during the demolition of a house here in Jersey. The house in Clare Street, St.Helier was in the process of being altered and the coal shed was to be flattened so the chap decided to have a quick look inside before the digger did its work. He told me he opened the door and it was literally on the floor right in front of him. So being a good Jerseyman he had it away in record time. Its not the best example in the world but still worth picking up. He was surprised when I told him it no longer needed to be on his firearms certificate, they were removed from license here a few years ago as it was decided the flares were an obselete caliber. I will give it a clean and oil and put it into one of the cabinets in my museum (The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey).
    I have a few of these flare pistols now and its always nice to pick up another one.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.   Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.  

Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.   Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.  

Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.   Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.  

Flare pistol found in a coal bunker.  

?

Looks good, good news you are placing it in your local museum.

?

That's a nice piece with a good bit of History.

Dean O
    Canada

It's a honest example mate!Well done!

?

You never know where things are going to come from.

nice item.

very good looking flare pistol. And I am glad it found a good home.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.