Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Are the FN 1911 and FN Browning HP (fixed rear site), front sites the same?

Article about: Hey guys, i have a FN Browning HP (German issue) 9mm. It is in great shape, save for the fact the front site has fallen out and been lost. Will the FN 1911 front site fit, are they the same

?

Default Are the FN 1911 and FN Browning HP (fixed rear site), front sites the same?

Hey guys, i have a FN Browning HP (German issue) 9mm. It is in great shape, save for the fact the front site has fallen out and been lost. Will the FN 1911 front site fit, are they the same site? I found a place that does repro parts for guns and they offer a FN 1911 front site, blued...just curious as to the fit. Let me know, thanks!

Josh

Default Re: Are the FN 1911 and FN Browning HP (fixed rear site), front sites the same?

I thought the rear sight was driftable left and right and the front sight was fixed and non replaceable. My post war is this way but I dont know about the wartime production.

Default Re: Are the FN 1911 and FN Browning HP (fixed rear site), front sites the same?

I think they don't have the exact same shape. The FN Browning HP 9mm (called the Pistole 640(b) ) in German use has a slightly different shape than the front sight of the FN 1911. It's a little higher, but the way they are fixed is the same in my opinion, if they are both original FN Herstal productions.
    I in fact have some original FN HP front sites, post war but originals, with some other bits and pieces of FN pistols. I don't think you will have a problem finding these parts on the net (try eGun for a start), if you can't find them I'll see if I can find my FN parts.

ian
    ?

youl get the part from
    Carbine Discount Shop - CDS Ehrenreich GmbH - Dekowaffen-Salutwaffen-Sammlerwaffen-Gun parts
    ive been to his shop ,,he has parts for firearms you just would not believe
    its an aladins cave
    cheers ian

?

Thanks for all the quick responses guys! .... Ian, i went to the link you provided, unfortunately i can not buy just the site, i have to buy the whole slide, i can't afford that right now, or prob anytime soon!...... Feuerbach, if you go the link i posted in this response, you will see the site i need in the exploded view. Let me know if ya have one.... i have been looking for quite sometime now with no luck! Thanks!

CDS - ET für FN-HP