Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Article about: Good Morning Bill I sent along a personal mail also. Anyway the pistol is all matching except the barrel is a few thousand off. Proper Belgian proof marks. The 4 circles which I "assume

John Smiff
    ?

Default Re: FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Good Morning Bill
    I sent along a personal mail also. Anyway the pistol is all matching except the barrel is a few thousand off. Proper Belgian proof marks. The 4 circles which I "assumed" were an obliteration of nazi eagles are puzzling, and duplicated on the other side. Will keep looking. Thanks again.

John

How is the holster on this. I have the same thing and its rock hard. Afraid to move for fear of cracking the leather. Anyone have some suggestions. I have been told to never use leather restorers or oils.

Quote by mack5555 View Post
    How is the holster on this. I have the same thing and its rock hard. Afraid to move for fear of cracking the leather. Anyone have some suggestions. I have been told to never use leather restorers or oils.

Is it one of the new old stock holsters from overseas?? All these holsters are 100% orig and "mint" usually. I would just leave it alone.
    I do not think it will "Crack" maybe cause a little "crazing" to the outside finish. I would just leave it alone if one of the old stock holsters.
    I have a couple "dropping holsters", one like new, and another that was used and issued and came with a pistol from vet, here look....
    I would not put anything on my holsters, it ruins them I think.

Just look at them and enjoy as is.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation   FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation  

To the best of my knowledge i have the original holster that was issued with it. Its a 1922 with the swastika proofs on it. My great grandfather got it during the war and carried it for the rest of the war. My great unlce says it orginal so does that mean new stock or old stock?

To the best of my knowledge i have the original holster that was issued with it. Its a 1922 with the swastika proofs on it. My great grandfather got it during the war and carried it for the rest of the war. My great unlce says it orginal so does that mean new stock or old stock?
    Hi mack5555, No this does not. What I meant was it one of the 100's of "new old stock" captured holsters that the Russians have had stored all these years. There are hundreds of "new" looking holsters that are 100% original being sold for many years now out of Russia and others.

OK, you obviously have an original "rig"....a pistol and holster that has been together since the war, a long time. It is also a family item so this is even better, at least to me.

I will need to see good pictures to advise you on your holster. My feeling is it is always better to leave original items alone, and not do anything to them. There are exceptions though.

Pictures are a must.

Regards, Steve

Alright cool, at the moment the pistol is not in my possession. I have only seen it once, it was promised to me by my great uncle. I should be getting it some time this coming summer. He had one condition of giving it to me and that was to find out some info on the holster. But I have kind of been hearing the same thing. Keep the original non-touched and buy a different one for the gun.

Will post pictures when I get some.

The only thing I noticed is that my great grandfather changed the grips on then to clear so he could put pictures of his family in it. I really dont care about that since I dont want to sell it.

Alright cool, at the moment the pistol is not in my possession. I have only seen it once, it was promised to me by my great uncle. I should be getting it some time this coming summer. He had one condition of giving it to me and that was to find out some info on the holster. But I have kind of been hearing the same thing. Keep the original non-touched and buy a different one for the gun.

Will post pictures when I get some.

The only thing I noticed is that my great grandfather changed the grips on then to clear so he could put pictures of his family in it. I really dont care about that since I dont want to sell it.
    Hi, excellent! I will look forward to some photos. Plastic-plexiglass grips I have seen many times. This was popular to do back then. Are there any pics remaining under the grips?

Do you also have the family military history of your G. Grandfather? original owner of the pistol/holster? You should always keep together with pistol if so.

Good luck this summer!!

Regards, Steve

so if my uncle still wants to try to condition the holster, has anyone had any experience with any conditioner for holsters?

so if my uncle still wants to try to condition the holster, has anyone had any experience with any conditioner for holsters?
    Yes, if you absolutlely must condition a holster, I have used these 2 products before, Pecard's leather dressing, "Antique" and Regular. I talked to one the owners once a few years ago, and the only difference between the "Antique leather care" and the standard leather dressing......is the container. I have used both, and seem the same to me.

It is Excellent, and the only thing I would ever use on a holster. It is highly recommended by many others also. It will darken slightly, but will lighten up again over time.

Never use neatsfoot oil or similar oil products. You will ruin it.
    Whatever you decide to use, (pecard's ) you should do a small test spot to see how it works for you.

Post before and After pics, this is always interesting to see.

Good Luck,
    Regards, Steve

Here is links to some on eBay, this is the actual company, so you can look at sellers other items for the "Regular" leather dressing, it comes in bigger container and is cheaper than "Antique"

Pecard Antique Leather Dressing 6oz - eBay (item 370179381726 end time Feb-19-10 08:37:29 PST)

Pecard 6oz Leather Dressing for shoes, boots, more! - eBay (item 370282535076 end time Feb-26-10 14:46:38 PST)

Yeah I was in contact with them as well and thats the same product I was going to use. I was not impressed with others knowledge of their product but the pecard stuff they knew everything it seemed like.

So thanks for confirming my instinct.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast