Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Article about: Good Morning Bill I sent along a personal mail also. Anyway the pistol is all matching except the barrel is a few thousand off. Proper Belgian proof marks. The 4 circles which I "assume

Default Re: FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Pecards is one of the worst things you can use on antique leather. It contains petroleum by products and will permanently darken the leather and stitching in addition to weakening the leather itself.

Many collectors use a product called Blackrock which I have heard is good but I have never used it. I use Connoly's Hide Food which contains no petroleum byproducts. For years it was only available in the US through Rolls Royce, Bentley and Jaguar dealers. It can now be bought through the internet.

?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Enjoy this FN Model 1922, 7.65mm pistol produced in Belgium under German occupation.. With Luftwaffe marked holster and accessories...BILL
    Great gun.
    I found a mag. just like that one at my grandparents house a couple of years back. Apparently my granddad had a gun like that during or just after the German occupation. Wonder if I could find gun hidden away somewhere :-)

Just got the gun from my uncle. Its not cleaned up so its not as nice as will be but this is what I have to start with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation   FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation  

FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation  

?

Very nice FN 1910/22 and even moore nice and original Theurmann-patent holster. Theese holsters have been widely copied and sold after WW II in europe and so possibly or likely also in USA and Canada. Usually when 6o-year old leathergoods show no sign of age - are mint to say - they are false or copies. Best and most secure is to buy a little worn holster which has clear signs of a gun inside. Many pistols, like FN 1910/22 leave their particular marks to the holster inside of it. One thing one should allways remember - never ever store your pistols is holsters or on top of any leather material. Gunoil has nasty tendecy to remove chemicals from leather which were used during tanning process and theese chemicals have even nastier habit to eat bluening of the gun. Also leather - if not oiled properly ***** moist and this can lead to tiny rost points in blued areas. With FN 1900, 1903, 1906, 1910 and pre WW II 1910/22 one must notice the the grips are made of cowhorn and should not be oiled too much - they suck oil and slowly start to crack. Any way fine gun.

Quote by mack5555 View Post
    Just got the gun from my uncle. Its not cleaned up so its not as nice as will be but this is what I have to start with.

Hi Mack5555, I missed these pics of your pistol you finally received.... Very Nice!!, I also like the plexiglass grips. I heard they were sometimes made of the wind shields and windows of downed enemy aircraft. Maybe you could find a Military photo of your Grandfather? and put it under the grip as sort of a tribute.

Thanks for showing your family pistol.

Regards, Steve

Yeah thanks after a few coats of oil it has cleaned up even better.

Have owned several 1922s including Dutch and Serbian. This is my latest one. Has an early WaA 103, and near commercial finnish. Like these and 1910 FNs.

Re: The Greek marked FN 1922-Ah the tangled web of military gun ownership-as the Germans invaded Greece in 1941, the Greek armoury thus mostly fell into German hands-one would assume that the pistol would have been inspected and reissued as the type was a de facto standard issue pistol for Nazi forces by then-but could have also been a German WW2 weapon captured by the Greeks at some later stage of the war and used by them after the war-that would explain the 'pinged' eagles-or capture by the Yugoslavs or Russians ...etc etc

hi
    iam new here
    i bought this 1922 as surplus from the army sn 679 does anyone knows the year of production ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3