Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FN Browning Model 1900 clone

Article about: Here's another pistol I picked up at the Preston arms fair the other day. This one is a clone of the FN 1900. There are no makers marks , and although the breech-block carries a different se

Default FN Browning Model 1900 clone

Here's another pistol I picked up at the Preston arms fair the other day. This one is a clone of the FN 1900. There are no makers marks , and although the breech-block carries a different serial number and Browning markings - I suspect this is also a copy. When tried in my genuine Browning it wouldn't fit, and neither does the magazine. The genuine Browning parts are just a fraction smaller than the clone. The pistol is extremely well-made, the difference between the copy and original being very hard to spot. The only real give-away is the total lack of makers address and logo.

The holster - purchased separately, appears to be a field-modified flap holster originally designed to take a larger pistol. The flap has been cut off with just a small portion retained as a strap. The bucket has been stitched at the top-left to close down the gap and make it suitable for a smaller pistol. It would appear that these modifications were done quite a long time ago.

FN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 clone

Nice pick up Steve, do you reckon it could be a Chinese rip off as i read they produced hundreds of thousands of these!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nice pick up Steve, do you reckon it could be a Chinese rip off as i read they produced hundreds of thousands of these!...
    It is probably so. But it is an EXACT copy - many only resembled the FN. The finish to the gun also suggests high-quality production.

Nice pistol Steve. It looks like a chinese copy.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi Harry, im new to the forum bur was wondering if your browning has any other marks on it?

Quote by Pedro243 View Post
    Hi Harry, im new to the forum bur was wondering if your browning has any other marks on it?
    Hi Pedro, and welcome to the forum. No other markings to be seen anywhere on the clone. I can't give you any more information as this pistol is no longer in my possession.

Cheers,
    Steve.

No dramas. I have just picked one up. It looks original, but when you look closely, a few features stand out as not being right. The trigger guard is missing on the stamped logo on the left hand side and the safety markings are also missing.

Im gonna take it over to a mates place who knows a bit about brownings on sunday and we will pull it apart to find out a bit more.

Cheers for your reply.

Why not post a few pictures of it on here?

FN Browning Model 1900 cloneFN Browning Model 1900 clone

These are the only two pics i have on hand. I will take some better pictures when we strip it down on Sunday.

Things that stand out:

Incorrect grips for serial #
    Pistol stamp missing trigger guard
    Safety stamps missing