Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FN L1A1 rifle

Article about: by m3bobby The .303 Bren mag wont fit the No.4, no where near. The L4A2/3/4 (Not the L4A1) was designed to have an interchangable mag with the L1A1 hence why you can swap the 2. And because

Default Re: FN L1A1 rifle

You perverts on here drag your eyes away from the lads and look at the rifle behind. This was taken in new Lodge in 1974. I'm stood behind the camera. And yes Gunny, the Bren magazine did indeed fit the SLR. I often wondered if the .303 Bren mag fitted the No4 rifle. That was something I never tried when I was in the army cadets.

FN L1A1 rifleFN L1A1 rifle

The second picture was taken on August 4th 1974 in New Lodge. We had been called to an incident near Edlingham Street. Happy days? Again I am the man behind the camera!

Love the 70s pin ups mate!...

The lad having his wedding tackle kept warm is Steve Gerrard, although these days he plays for Liverpool. When we were in Andersonstown he had his beret cut in half by a bullet fired by a sniper. Now that is what you call a close shave! In the same incident the bloke who was sat next to him in the pig had a bullet enter the right side of his back - between his flack jacket and combat jacket. It came out the other side and left a perfect imprint of the bullet on his combat jacket. He didn't even get a scratch. Some people are just born lucky.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The lad having his wedding tackle kept warm is Steve Gerrard, although these days he plays for Liverpool. When we were in Andersonstown he had his beret cut in half by a bullet fired by a sniper. Now that is what you call a close shave! In the same incident the bloke who was sat next to him in the pig had a bullet enter the right side of his back - between his flack jacket and combat jacket. It came out the other side and left a perfect imprint of the bullet on his combat jacket. He didn't even get a scratch. Some people are just born lucky.
    Did you have any "close shaves" mate?.......

QUOTE=Gunny Hartmann;842410]Did you have any "close shaves" mate?.......[/QUOTE]

I only used 'safety razors'

The .303 Bren mag wont fit the No.4, no where near. The L4A2/3/4 (Not the L4A1) was designed to have an interchangable mag with the L1A1 hence why you can swap the 2.

And because I like to see you drool, heres one of my L4s

?

Chris that LMG hadn't poped up when I read your answer..Very nice indeed..and yes I am drooling lol.. thanks for sharing Terry. Oh I sent you a PM .

?

You perverts on here drag your eyes away from the lads and look at the rifle behind. This was taken in new Lodge in 1974. I'm stood behind the camera. And yes Gunny, the Bren magazine did indeed fit the SLR. I often wondered if the .303 Bren mag fitted the No4 rifle. That was something I never tried when I was in the army cadets.

FN L1A1 rifleFN L1A1 rifle

The second picture was taken on August 4th 1974 in New Lodge. We had been called to an incident near Edlingham Street. Happy days? Again I am the man behind the camera!
    Happy days indeed Steve , i take it this was the 74 Tour attached to 97 ?? Looks like my old mate Nobby Clark in the background ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul,

It is indeed the 74 tour. I'm affraid your mate wouldn't be on this picture. I suppose the bloke in front could be called 'Nobby!' This was purely a 13 TROOP gathering. We were all from 12th Lt AD Regt and assigned to 97 Bty because of their shortage of manpower. We were treated very much as outsiders by 97 Bty.

Delays on the book at the moment. It went to the typesetters several weeks ago to have a copy done with pictures and documents included. This was being re-submitted to MoD for them to give final clearance. I had to make a few changes to meet security requirements! Have a look at the website and see what you think.

Cheers,
    Steve.

?

Hi Paul,

It is indeed the 74 tour. I'm affraid your mate wouldn't be on this picture. I suppose the bloke in front could be called 'Nobby!' This was purely a 13 TROOP gathering. We were all from 12th Lt AD Regt and assigned to 97 Bty because of their shortage of manpower. We were treated very much as outsiders by 97 Bty.

Delays on the book at the moment. It went to the typesetters several weeks ago to have a copy done with pictures and documents included. This was being re-submitted to MoD for them to give final clearance. I had to make a few changes to meet security requirements! Have a look at the website and see what you think.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Ah right mate , Nobby was in G Troop , HQ Bty when i fist met him but had been in 97 , he had the same dodgy hairstyle as the lad at the back !! Looking forward to the book mate i'm sure a lot of the boys from 97 from that Tour will be after a copy !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast