Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

FN model 1906

Article about: Hi all! This is one of my first posts so I hope I get things atleast close to right. I have lurked here a while now and enjoyed many nice pictures and knowledge seem plentiful here. I wanted

Default FN model 1906

Hi all!

This is one of my first posts so I hope I get things atleast close to right.
    I have lurked here a while now and enjoyed many nice pictures and knowledge seem plentiful here.
    I wanted to show you two variations of the FN 1906 pistol that resides in my collection.
    Caliber is as you might know 6.35mm or .25 Auto, Made by Fabrique Nationale Darmes de Guerre Herstal in Belgium.
    Many copies exist, especially from spain.
    The upper gun is an early one and lacks safety catch, safety catch was later added and can be seen on the lower gun.
    Second picture shows the gun in the leather pouch that came with it when I bought the gun.
    According to the story around the gun it belonged to a nurse/midwife that often travelled the swedish countryside alone. Hopefully she never had to use the gun as defense.
    I also have an FN 1910/22 with german stampings, maybe I will show you that one later, if there is interest.

Best regards
    Laplander
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FN model 1906   FN model 1906  

Default Re: FN model 1906

Hi, thanks for posting these.

I found the ladies "purse" style holster very interesting, as I had never seen one like it before.

Cheers, Ade.