Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

A free Japanese rifle...

Article about: Forgot to ask about the sword. Anymore info on that concerning country of origin? Looks really nice.

Default Re: A free Japanese rifle...

I dont know how i missed this thread. Great work on restoring and what a great bloke to give it to you. Well done all around!!!!

The weather finally cooperated! Here are some photos of the finished rifle. As I've said earlier, the rust has left it's mark and there's nothing I can do to remove it without ruining the patina. Overall I am thrilled with how this rifle turned out and I think the buttplate especially looks great.

A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...

A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...

?

Butt plate came out great Joe, nice "free" rifle........not to mention the bonus sword.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    Butt plate came out great Joe, nice "free" rifle........not to mention the bonus sword.
    Thanks, John! This rifle will never be considered in good shape or overly desirable to most collectors, but it is what it is and I am proud of that!

It's funny how things work out... I purchased the buttplate from a gentleman on gunboards for $30... I paid more for the buttplate than I did the rifle or sword! It just goes to show you that there are still people out there who would rather give you something instead of selling it because they know you will cherish it! Beyond that, yes Militaria in general is getting rare these days, and prices are steadily climbing... But stuff is still hiding in the woodwork! All you have to do is ask!!

Stay tuned! I will be posting a video of me shooting this rifle tomorrow!

Looks great Joe - Nice job on the butt plate.
    The sling really looks good on it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, Steve!

Most advanced Arisaka collectors would sniff it out as a fake immediately... BUT it's the closest thing possible to the real deal that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars (or more!) and/or is too stiff or worn out to put on the rifle without fear of breaking. Other repro slings simply were not an option. They look way too minty and are often very cheaply made.

Well, I think the entire set is fabulous.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, Steve! It means a lot coming from you!

Congrats Joe as I just finished reading your thread. this must be the year of provenance...or maybe Im not stepping in the same stuff as you and rbemer 207 are doing,, as he acquired a chained SS dagger for $400 and yourself this excellent Japanese rifle. Your restoration has given its character back and looks great. Looking forward to a future display,,which I know with you ,,,one will come together soon enough. Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast