Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

A free Japanese rifle...

Article about: Forgot to ask about the sword. Anymore info on that concerning country of origin? Looks really nice.

Default Re: A free Japanese rifle...

The bore was the last thing I worked on last night. It cleaned up well and the rifling seems to be in good shape.

The metal components soaked in CLP overnight... I'm hoping a lot of the rust will easily scrub right off today.

I'm hoping that the rifle will be complete today! A kind gunboards member who is local stepped forward with the recoil lug and front trigger guard screw that I need... I'll be meeting with him in about an hour.

I still haven't found a method to clean the stock, but that'll be my project today.

After working on the stock, I'll carefully work on the rust on the metal components then reassemble it all and the rest will be history! I hope it all works out!!

I know my photos haven't been great, but based on them could anyone recommend a method for cleaning the stock? For most of it I think a quick wipe down with a rag soaked in warm water and dish soap...?

rcs
    ?

I'm no help with advice on how to clean the stock but just thought I'd pipe up to add my congratulations on such a cool gift, and well done for restoring it.

regards,
    Rob

Thanks Rob, very nice of you!

I just met the gentleman who gave me the free Recoil Lug and screw. Very nice guy. great success!

Hi Joe,
    Congrats!
    CLR works very well on rust and does not affect tool bluing. I had a pair of larger cable cutters that I found and left them soak. They came out with no rust and it did not affect the finish.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Great looking rifle Joe!!! Looks like a last ditch. Wood butt plate and crude rear sight.
    It will clean up well.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Nice work Joe, I am beginning to enjoy working on firearms it looks like a fun project.

Here are photos of the bore clean-up from last night:

A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...

Today a met a gentleman across the river from me. He gave me the screw and recoil lug I needed to complete this rifle.

I came home from meeting him and went to work gently scrubbing off the rust. I think I'll be finding spots of rust that I missed for a while, but here is where she stands now:

A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A free Japanese rifle...   A free Japanese rifle...  

A free Japanese rifle...   A free Japanese rifle...  

A free Japanese rifle...  

I had some problems getting the front trigger guard screw that the gentleman gave me to fit... It's threads might be shot.

A free Japanese rifle...A free Japanese rifle...

It should sit flush, but this is as far as it'll go. I think the threads on the screw are shot.
    A free Japanese rifle...

Unfortunately, the water damage area to the wood butt plate literally crumbled and fell out of the stock. I tried to clean out the rotted area a little...

A free Japanese rifle...

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast