Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle

Article about: Here is a French MAS44 Semi-auto rifle in 7.5mm and accessories..Approximately 6000 MAS44 were produced and went to troop trials, some showed up in The French Indochina War of the 50s.. This

Default French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle

Here is a French MAS44 Semi-auto rifle in 7.5mm and accessories..Approximately 6000 MAS44 were produced and went to troop trials, some showed up in The French Indochina War of the 50s.. This design was later produced as the MAS49 with a built in grenade launcher Enjoy BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle   French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle  

French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle   French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle  

Last edited by Bill Grist; 08-22-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Grutte Pier
    ?

Question Re: French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle

Beautiful and interesting weapon, thanks for sharing, where these produced in France in 1944?, under supervision of the Germans?, or is it a post war weapon?.

Default Re: French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle

Quote by Grutte Pier View Post
    Beautiful and interesting weapon, thanks for sharing, where these produced in France in 1944?, under supervision of the Germans?, or is it a post war weapon?.

Grutte, The MAS Mle 44 was first made in 1940 with the name of MAS40, but the victory of German Army over France stopped the manufacture of this weapon(only a few number were made), at the end of the war, they started again and renamed it MAS 44, they modified it in 1949 with a grenade launcher and called it the MAS 49, and in 1956 a new weapon with a new grenade laucher for new grenade and new bayonet with a new name MAS 49/56..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hello Bill,
    Thank you very much for sharing this rare french rifle.
    It is the obvious link between the MAS36 and the MAS49.
    thanks again...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: French MAS44 Simi-Auto Rifle

Thanks for the additional information, must indeed be a rare rifle.

Johnnie
    ?

Nice. I have never had the opportunity to fire one of these or the 49. I do have a mint Mas 36/56 (bolt action with grenade launcher) that I have only fired a couple times due to scarcity of ammo in the States back then.
    French small arms can be strange sometmes such as the lack of manual safety on many weapons, the spike type bayos, and the mag catch on the magazine instead of the rifle.
    Does this rifle have a safety?
    Thanks for posting this,
    Johnnie

What an aesthetically beautiful rifle.

Bob Hritz

also the kepi is a nice touch!